DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   What if you haven't gotten your Diploma or GED yet? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=28260)

AngelFace 06-21-2012 03:09 PM

What if you haven't gotten your Diploma or GED yet?

My cousin is 25 who had 3 US born children, one has special needs, one was taken away and the other one is normal. She's hasn't gotten her GED yet and is 10 credits shy of her High School Diploma. Can she go and get her GED and before the deadline, will she qualify?

bertdude7 06-21-2012 03:18 PM

Re: What if you haven't gotten your Diploma or GED yet?

I m sure if they are in the process of obtaining their GED, they will be just fine. Also you should read the FAQ thread we have.

AngelFace 06-21-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bertdude7 (Post 262675)
I m sure if they are in the process of obtaining their GED, they will be just fine. Also you should read the FAQ thread we have.

Thanks, I just remember about her and her husaband.. I called her to tell her and she said that she thought it was only for college students.. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!! she really needs this!!! She really does!!!! I will call her back now and tell her to study for that GED!!!! She's gotta get it!!!

spartanwarrior 06-21-2012 06:16 PM

everybody has to at least get a high school education :) it's never too late hopefully she gets it and qualifies

AngelFace 06-21-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spartanwarrior (Post 262773)
everybody has to at least get a high school education :) it's never too late hopefully she gets it and qualifies

Thanks, I told her it says "In school" , she can technically be in school studying for her GED!!! I told her she gotta do it, this is the only way!!!!

IamAman 06-22-2012 03:51 AM

lol I hate to sound bitter, but it IS a bit unjust that someone who never graduated from HS and had no idea this rule even exists (I mean it's only been in the news nonstop for a week) can get a work permit, but those over 30 with a graduate degree don't qualify. Not judging your cousin or anything -although I'd have to wonder how in this country someone can not graduate from HS, but you know, it is a bit odd how things work.

red_d3vils 06-22-2012 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamAman (Post 262935)
lol I hate to sound bitter, but it IS a bit unjust that someone who never graduated from HS and had no idea this rule even exists (I mean it's only been in the news nonstop for a week) can get a work permit, but those over 30 with a graduate degree don't qualify. Not judging your cousin or anything -although I'd have to wonder how in this country someone can not graduate from HS, but you know, it is a bit odd how things work.

Well that's why the GED was made.

DreamBaybeh 06-22-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

lol I hate to sound bitter, but it IS a bit unjust that someone who never graduated from HS and had no idea this rule even exists (I mean it's only been in the news nonstop for a week) can get a work permit, but those over 30 with a graduate degree don't qualify.

Life isn't fair my friend. I think if you're educated but aged out, you're allowed to be bitter.

IcanOnlyDream 06-22-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

I have to agree. I think it's a bunch of BULLSHIT how she dropped out of school and decided to pop out babies - how stereotypical. It really pisses me off when people decide to be so fuckin stupid and do this. This is the reason why so many people don't want us to be part of this country.

What if the law would have never happened? I guess she would still have the "FUCK school, let's drop out and make babies" mentality.

will_con 06-22-2012 03:58 PM

If I may ask, how in the world did she lose one of her children?