DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Other Topics (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Heartbroken by POTUS Comments (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=80126)

gely_velazquez 01-12-2018 11:51 AM

Heartbroken by POTUS Comments

I just can’t anymore, I feel like all the energy has been drained out of me. Ever since the election I’ve been doing everything I can to stay focused, to not pay attention to him and his hatred , but these new relevations together with the bad Daca deal tweets.....we’ll .. I think I’ve reached the end. I just can’t understand how a person can be so ugly, I love the US, but this election has definitely showed me tha dark side of the place I call home. I pray to god everyday to put love where there is hate and just when it seems we’re making progress, the rug is pulled from underneath. I find my self questioning my spirituality my worth. Dam it!! Am a human being!!!! I just want to crawl into a hole for the next 3 years.....there’s no way he can win a second term...right???

HOPELESS

BeansDreamtoo21 01-12-2018 12:00 PM

Re: Heartbroken by POTUS Comments

Quote:

Originally Posted by gely_velazquez (Post 669204)
I just can’t anymore, I feel like all the energy has been drained out of me. Ever since the election I’ve been doing everything I can to stay focused, to not pay attention to him and his hatred , but these new relevations together with the bad Daca deal tweets.....we’ll .. I think I’ve reached the end. I just can’t understand how a person can be so ugly, I love the US, but this election has definitely showed me tha dark side of the place I call home. I pray to god everyday to put love where there is hate and just when it seems we’re making progress, the rug is pulled from underneath. I find my self questioning my spirituality my worth. Dam it!! Am a human being!!!! I just want to crawl into a hole for the next 3 years.....there’s no way he can win a second term...right???

HOPELESS

Stay strong something good is coming for us. It is Just a bumpy road

versailles 01-12-2018 12:14 PM

don't you have a husband and kids??
i struggle to understand why you put yourself in this situation, you're in a far different world than most of us here.
all of us here are absolutely fucked if nothing gets resolved, but we don't really have a choice but to be positive.
so again, i don't understand how someone that seems as religious as you can be so disheartened by some offhand comments that don't really matter in the scheme of our situation.

BeansDreamtoo21 01-12-2018 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by versailles (Post 669236)
don't you have a husband and kids??
i struggle to understand why you put yourself in this situation, you're in a far different world than most of us here.
all of us here are absolutely fucked if nothing gets resolved, but we don't really have a choice but to be positive.
so again, i don't understand how someone that seems as religious as you can be so disheartened by some offhand comments that don't really matter in the scheme of our situation.

You are totally correct. I truly believe we will get the bill of love they just need to hit the sweet spot. People are already giving up because trump rejected a low ball offer. Let's wait till trump is satisfied with a new offer. So he can truly back it up and take less heat from his base allowing republicans vote for it and pass both Chambers.

versailles 01-12-2018 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeansDreamtoo21 (Post 669245)
You are totally correct. I truly believe we will get the bill of love they just need to hit the sweet spot. People are already giving up because trump rejected a low ball offer. Let's wait till trump is satisfied with a new offer. So he can truly back it up and take less heat from his base allowing republicans vote for it and pass both Chambers.

pretty sure she's married to a USC too, so again, i don't get it.

BeansDreamtoo21 01-12-2018 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by versailles (Post 669251)
pretty sure she's married to a USC too, so again, i don't get it.

Well maybe she isn't worried about her fate but her children's well being which is a worse fear. I completely understand her pain since we are all in the same boat. All we can do is support each other.

gely_velazquez 01-12-2018 12:35 PM

Yes I do have a kid and a husband, and that has nothing to do with my status. You guys think that in the 8 Years we’ve been married that I haven’t looked for other solutions to my immigration status?? Lawyer after lawyer told me nothing could be done for me unless Congress changes the law. You guys are starting to sound like trumpters, I did not expect that in this forum. And anyone at any time can question their religion and faith. I have a mortgage and a car loan and credit card debt and this weights hard on me everyday that this situation continues to drag on and I know am not the only one, which is why I thought I would find like minded people on this forum and not closed minded. So we could work thru things together and not bash each other.

gely_velazquez 01-12-2018 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beansdreamtoo21 (Post 669260)
well maybe she isn't worried about her fate but her children's well being which is a worse fear. I completely understand her pain since we are all in the same boat. All we can do is support each other.

^^^this

JavierHTx 01-12-2018 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gely_velazquez (Post 669266)
Yes I do have a kid and a husband, and that has nothing to do with my status. You guys think that in the 8 Years we’ve been married that I haven’t looked for other solutions to my immigration status?? Lawyer after lawyer told me nothing could be done for me unless Congress changes the law. You guys are starting to sound like trumpters, I did not expect that in this forum. And anyone at any time can question their religion and faith. I have a mortgage and a car loan and credit card debt and this weights hard on me everyday that this situation continues to drag on and I know am not the only one, which is why I thought I would find like minded people on this forum and not closed minded. So we could work thru things together and not bash each other.

May I ask why you’re not able to fix despite being married to a USC?

2MoreYears 01-12-2018 06:52 PM

Trump doesn't know what the hell he's talking about 99% of the time so do not take him seriously. Just remember we will be ok every time he spews his nonsensical bs. The court ruling is a sign trump doesn't know any better. So keep it up. There is always hope.