DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Notice lost in the mail so missed Biometric Appt. Can I walk in? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=81917)

DreamerAngel 05-16-2018 03:38 PM

Notice lost in the mail so missed Biometric Appt. Can I walk in?

So I’m on the hamster wheel with USCIS right now. Checked my status in early april. It said an appointment notice was sent so I’m all excited waiting...waiting. Nothing shows up. I call USCIS and ask where it was sent, my po box or my home and when my appointment is for and the woman says she can’t see that. Now, she doesnt mention there is a customer service level 2 that can see all that. Nooo, she tells me to fill out an erequest online. I do. It says they wont get to my request till the end of May!! Ok whatever, I can wait I am an early renewal so not pressed for time. I hunker down to wait. Today I get a response back. Some nonsense about my mailing address not matching the record and to call customer service. Now, let me point out my mailing address is the same as my previous renewal so that nonsense. But whatever, I call USCIS again this lady sends me to Level 2. I get an auto response it says someone will call me back in 186 mintues! Hahahahaha! Wow ok. So I have my phone glued to me like a second skin for 2.5hrs when I get a call back. This guy sounds like his life sucks but I’m trying my best to muscle through the conversation. I verify my addresses. He says they sent the notice to my home address and that my biometric was 3 weeks ago. What?!! OMG!! Ok so I don’t freak out yet I ask how to reschedule. He directs me back to make another erequest but this time add details about not receiving the notice and requesting a reschedule. He says have a nice day. I hang up and fill out the request. I hit submit and get this error message. Existing inquiry found must wait 30 days before making another or call customer service. ... ... You gotta be freaking kidding me!!! Ok ok. I calm down I call again and now I am waiting another 183 minutes for a level 2 to call me back. I can see where this is going

So my question is, has anyone walked in for a biometric AFTER you missed the appointment and WITHOUT the appointment notice? I’ve got my receipt # and such. You think it’d help if I explained what was happening when I get to the service center?

VJB2 05-16-2018 03:43 PM

Re: Notice lost in the mail so missed Biometric Appt. Can I walk in?

Um, you can print the notice from your account on the website: http://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

DreamerAngel 05-16-2018 03:46 PM

What?!! No way! *facepalms* Ugh. I forgot I had signed for an account last time.

DreamerAngel 05-16-2018 03:53 PM

Mmm. WellI just put in a forgot my username request and it says my email address isnt found but I couldve sworn I signed up for something 2 years ago. Didnt know we could print out notices. What a nightmare.

DreamerAngel 05-16-2018 04:18 PM

Ok so I see where the confusion is. All this time Ive been going to uscis.gov but there is another site, the one you mentioned with two different logins. The site you mentioned remembered my login info. This is really hard to get to.

DreamerAngel 05-16-2018 04:22 PM

Well still wanna know if anyone has walked in after missing appointment?

JJ Glo 05-17-2018 10:34 AM

I would print out your Biometrics appointment letter and try doing the walk-in either way. It's been 3 weeks already since your missed appointment. Not sure but they might deny your case, you need to go do the Biometrics ASAP.

jorgeag92 05-17-2018 02:04 PM

Someone had the same question in 2014:

https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/m...u-1997148.html

Ianus 05-17-2018 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamerAngel (Post 705329)
Well still wanna know if anyone has walked in after missing appointment?

You should be able to. Still, it is very dependent on the USCIS on-point manager if they will allow it. I was able to do a walk-in simply because I had to work that day. Got my card a few days just after 'card in production'.

DreamerAngel 05-25-2018 01:57 AM

So update. I nagged and nagged that day and the next morning they rescheduled my appt for this week. Idk what’s going on with my mail. Still didn’t get the second notice but I printed it out online. Be careful with that cuz my printer is crap and the barcodes weren’t clear so the manager had to reprint my notice but I had no problems.