DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   AP-Round trip flight!! HELP (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=69666)

newdreamer 11-19-2014 12:22 AM

AP-Round trip flight!! HELP

I am planning to travel next year, well to be exact -march 2015 but I have a lot of questions.

for example

1.- If I get a round trip flight from LAX TO OAX- In wich point or where they will stamp my AP paper? or should I get TIJ-OAX-OAX-TIJ so that way I can just pass through the border !! omg this is so scary!!

Malign0n 11-19-2014 12:40 AM

Re: AP-Round trip flight!! HELP

They'll stamp you at LAX. They have customs agents ready at international airports

Juanwikos 11-19-2014 12:43 AM

First of all, to get this straight to people who don't understand.
(LAX) Los Angeles - (OAX) Oxaca?

When you leave from LAX the only thing you need it's your passport from whatever country your from I assume it's a (Mexican one).

The real story it's when you leave Mexico to come back to the U.S. When you check in into the Airline they would ask if you are traveling with an U.S Passport/U.S VISA or Green Card. At this point you would need to show them your AP Document that allows you to board the plane. They would probably double check with their supervisor (Mexican airports are common seeing AP Documents) to let you in. Remember the airline can make a copy of the document but THEY DON'T NEED TO KEEP THEM as you would have two AP Documents.

You would check in into US Immigration when you arrive at the first American city/regardless of final destination. In your case it would be LAX.

You would need to check in into the Permanent Resident/Visitor Line .

At that point you would need to show the Immigration Officer your Mexican Passport and your AP Document (if you want to show him extra stuff it's up to you) . The officer then would process you into a separate Room (secondary inspection) .
You would be in a waiting room while they verify your documents (usually 20-40minutes) .
The officer would then come in ask you a few questions and give you an Stamp AP document they keep the other one.

And that's pretty much it.

newdreamer 11-19-2014 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malign0n (Post 546906)
They'll stamp you at LAX. They have customs agents ready at international airports

:-o THANK YOU!!!!!!

newdreamer 11-19-2014 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juanwikos (Post 546907)

When you leave from LAX the only thing you need it's your passport from whatever country your from I assume it's a (Mexican one).

The real story it's when you leave Mexico to come back to the U.S. When you check in into the Airline they would ask if you are traveling with an U.S Passport/U.S VISA or Green Card. At this point you would need to show them your AP Document that allows you to board the plane. They would probably double check with their supervisor (Mexican airports are common seeing AP Documents) to let you in. Remember the airline can make a copy of the document but THEY DON'T NEED TO KEEP THEM as you would have two AP Documents.

You would check in into US Immigration when you arrive at the first American city/regardless of final destination. In your case it would be LAX.

At that point you would need to show the Immigration Officer your Mexican Passport and your AP Document (if you want to show him extra stuff it's up to you) . The officer then would process you into a separate Room (secondary inspection) .
You would be in a waiting room while they verify your documents (usually 20-40minutes) .
The officer would then come in ask you a few questions and give you an Stamp AP document they keep the other one.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE INFORMATION!!! I am so glad you guys helped me!!
I was clueless :razz:

2Face 11-19-2014 11:35 PM

Quote:

Hey. Thanks for this post! Can you please specify the two times when those two AP documents will be used and how exactly? Will any of those be taken away from us at some point? I am slightly unclear on that after reading your post. I am leaving next week so I would really appreciate it!! Thx.

legodego 11-20-2014 12:19 AM

Quote:

great info thanks

newdreamer 11-30-2014 11:32 PM

=)))))))

newdreamer 01-13-2015 05:15 PM

I AM SO HAPPY!!! I just got approved for A.P I Checked the mail and there it was^.^

Malign0n 01-13-2015 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newdreamer (Post 550925)
I AM SO HAPPY!!! I just got approved for A.P I Checked the mail and there it was^.^

Congrats! and Happy Safe Travels!