DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Traveling to Puerto Rico (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=30337)

maruuruguay 08-22-2012 12:24 PM

Traveling to Puerto Rico

Hello!
I just wanted to know if any of you have traveled to Puerto Rico with passports or with driver licenses??
I have my US driver license and I have traveled by plane to many states in the US, but now I want to go to Puerto Rico and, although it says you only need a license or federal id to travel, im scared.
Has anyone done it?

AsianDreamer 08-22-2012 12:32 PM

Re: Traveling to Puerto Rico

I would not take a risk.

iah 08-22-2012 01:02 PM

you are taking a risk. It may be possible when you come back that they may ask you for country of citizenship.

pakapoa 08-22-2012 02:43 PM

just don't go until you have your travel document.

beachgirlx19 08-22-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maruuruguay (Post 284126)
Hello!
I just wanted to know if any of you have traveled to Puerto Rico with passports or with driver licenses??
I have my US driver license and I have traveled by plane to many states in the US, but now I want to go to Puerto Rico and, although it says you only need a license or federal id to travel, im scared.
Has anyone done it?

That's not true. When I get my EAD and driver's license, I am going to Puerto Rico. It's safe because it's part of the US and its' territory. Anyone born in PR is a US citizen, and I also got this from the website regarding travel - When traveling from the United States to Puerto Rico, U.S. citizens are not required to carry their passport although some form of government issued picture identification card is needed. example: Driver's license or EAD card. If you’ll be visiting from another country other than the United States, a visa is required to enter the island. - but you're obviously gonna visit from the USA. lol I can't wait to go !

luvsherry 08-22-2012 07:47 PM

well it's up to you if you want to take that risk.. hopefully you won't run to an ice officer.. but yeah you can use your license to travel

obsolete101891 08-22-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvsherry (Post 284523)
well it's up to you if you want to take that risk.. hopefully you won't run to an ice officer.. but yeah you can use your license to travel

Wassup Sherry. You do the A.F yet?

spartanwarrior 08-22-2012 08:19 PM

puerto rico?? whyyy whyyyy???? Bahamas?

Ianus 08-22-2012 08:42 PM

The issue of travel to Puerto Rico is not advisable.

One has to understand the dynamic specific to Puerto Rico.Puerto Rico has a huge detachment of CBP officers more so than any other US territory due to their responsibility of not only policing and maintaining Puerto Rico as a US territory but also the US Virgin Islands in association with the US coast guard.Puerto Rico is a prime smuggling point for trafficking people AND drugs from the general Caribbean or the Northeastern parts of South America hence why they are a little more alert than average,in addition when someone leaves the island there is sometimes a detachment of Customs and Border Patrol officers as you are about to leave the island because they want to ensure individuals who may have illegally gotten on the island do not leave for the "Contiguous" United States and sometimes do ask for your details before leaving.No one is saying that you can't fly TO the island but coming back is where it becomes tricky.I've seen another individual mention here that they have flown and return before but to each their own.

Chyno 08-22-2012 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spartanwarrior (Post 284563)
puerto rico?? whyyy whyyyy???? Bahamas?

Puerto Rico is nice, and we cannot travel to Bahamas.