DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   New Members (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   My Name is Maija and I am an American... (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=7789)

Maija 04-15-2008 05:31 PM

My Name is Maija and I am an American...

...and not having a stamp on my passport or a green card...makes it any different.

I was born in Sao Paulo Brazil and soon after (possibly about 5 months) I came on a one way ticket to the United States. Quite legally mind you, but my parents overstayed their visas. At least that's how its been explained to me.

A lot of horrible things happened to my dad, but somehow by the grace of God, sweat, tears, blood, an amazing lawyer and loads of money from friends and family, my father became a Legal Resident.

However, my mother and I were left behind in the mess that the immigration department made. Several years afterwards my father finally was able to put money together and start our paper work.

I can't work, I can't get a driver's license and I had to prove that I was a tax-paying resident of the United States in order to get into a community college, where I had actually planned to become an American History teacher.

I'm 20 years old and my father is working hard to put together about 4000 dollars to pay off the remaining fees so that I can finally become a legal resident.

I consider myself fortunate because regardless of my status now, I know it won't be like this for very long. But I worry about others that are in my situation who do not have the window of opportunity I have been blessed with.

Anyways if you ever feel sad about your current situation feel free to chat me up on AIM or Yahoo. I understand completely what you are all going through. The frustration of being branded illegal can be overwhelming.

I hope that the Dream Act becomes a reality.

daflyboy04 04-15-2008 11:53 PM

Re: My Name is Maija and I am an American...

eu gosto muito da mulher brasileira, o que são seu nome, e de onde você

Maija 04-16-2008 03:03 PM

Vivo em Orange County agora, mas falo mais inglês e espanhol que faço portugese. Entendo português embora.

gsb89 04-17-2008 01:44 AM

welcome to DAP ! .. make sure you stick around.. = ]

Latina~Hispana 04-17-2008 02:40 AM

Welcome to the DAP!

You'll love it here.

daflyboy04 04-18-2008 12:15 AM

no you won’t, these are all illegal aliens.... they smell, don’t shower, and most just seat in their couch, smoke drugs to forget about their problems. They hate republicans because they don’t like the theory of small government with less taxes.... now ask yourself, do i really want to be part of this group?

laneDearIhope? 04-18-2008 10:32 PM

hey welcome to dap!!! we have a few annoying seeds among us in the group but its all part of life, good luck to you and ur family.

Youguysareawesome 04-19-2008 10:12 AM

Welcome and stick around!

RahmanIV 04-21-2008 06:03 PM

You're from Brazil.....wow, you must be really hot.

Welcome to the forum.