DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Other Topics (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Same Sex Marriage NYC (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=22494)

Thecure 06-25-2011 12:29 AM

Same Sex Marriage NYC

Y'all know I'm the bearer of gay news so...

Congrats to everyone in NYC!! woot woot!

It's been a great week! A high profile Filipino comes out of the closets and now the gays are one step closer to complete equal rights. [until doma is history]

This gives me hope that if dreamers were to organize like the gays, and have an amazing amount of solidarity, we too could have DA passed within Obamas 2nd term. :)

Quote:

It's a big, big deal. The country is ready to acknowledge the right of gay couples to marry. For young people, it's a no-brainer. For those of us who are older, a lifetime of experience has taught us that gay Americans are our friends, our neighbors, our relatives, and maybe our children. But change has been thwarted by the structure of our politics, which give disproportionate strength to tiny slivers of voters.

LifeDreamer 06-25-2011 12:32 AM

Re: Same Sex Marriage NYC

Dreamers are nothing like Gays.. Gay's are powerful beyond belief, they have powerful people and they have lot's and lot's of money..

Thecure 06-25-2011 12:36 AM

You're right about the gays having a lot of advantages but
I'm alluding to the way that the younger people in society are not seeing gays or immigrants as threats to their rights and liberties. That part of society is on it's way out. It will always be there but thankfully their disproportionate power and attempts to intrude on other ppls lives and dictate what is right and wrong is dying. * I read a thread somewhere on this site about a poll & immigrants.

Happygolucky 06-25-2011 01:10 AM

Yay us! :D I was trying to find a smiley face waving a rainbow flag but, alas, I did not find it. Anyways, it was suppose to represent my pride in the gay community and humanity! Damn redneck Texans will never let me marry another dude. :( New York seems like a nice place to get married though.

This reminds me that my city's gay pride parade is tomorrow. We have a lot to be proud of and all of it is celebrated with half naked men dancing on floats throwing beads at us.

chessmaster05 06-25-2011 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thecure (Post 223276)
Y'all know I'm the bearer of gay news so...

Congrats to everyone in NYC!! woot woot!

It's been a great week! A high profile Filipino comes out of the closets and now the gays are one step closer to complete equal rights. [until doma is history]

This gives me hope that if dreamers were to organize like the gays, and have an amazing amount of solidarity, we too could have DA passed within Obamas 2nd term. :)

I know I will be hated and targeted for this. But this country is on " a highway to hell". Marriage is sacred and should only be between a man and a woman, like the good ol' lord intended. Men were not designed to have dicks stick up their asses. Its gross.

Happygolucky 06-25-2011 01:51 AM

Hell yeah! We're on a highway to hell!

Thecure 06-25-2011 01:58 AM

Not everyone believes in God or sees Marriage as a covenant between an opposite sex couple and God. I see it as a legal right.

Beliefs are at the top of our internal interpretation system and I understand if people are threatened that their beliefs could be questionable because the outside world doesn't reflect their internal mechanisms[beliefs]. All religions have exploited this mental flaw and It's probably better to agree to disagree and let God deal with his creations when judgement time rolls around.

The bible does approve of:

Levirate Marriage : If a man died without having children, his brother was expected to marry his widow and produce children.

Polygamy:
a. Lamech had two wives - Genesis 4:19.

Esau had three wives - Genesis 26:34 & 28:9.
Jacob had four wives - Genesis 29:28 & 30:4-9.
Gideon had many wives - Judges 8:30.
Abijah had 14 wives - II Chronicles 13:21.

Prisoner of war marriage:
between Israelite warriors and Midianite virgins - Numbers 31:1-18. At God’s instruction, the Israelite Army killed all the men and boys of Midian and all the Midianite women who were not virgins. The Israelite warriors then married the surviving virgins, Numbers 31:18.

Slave marriage. This is different from a normal marriage in that a male slave had no right to keep his wife and children, if his master sold him or them, Exodus 21:1-6.

Same sex marriage. The partnership of Jonathan and David is an example of same sex marriage in the Bible. Jonathan’s father referred to David as his son in law in I Samuel 18:21

Diplok 06-25-2011 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chessmaster05 (Post 223288)
I know I will be hated and targeted for this. But this country is on " a highway to hell". Marriage is sacred and should only be between a man and a woman, like the good ol' lord intended. Men were not designed to have dicks stick up their asses. Its gross.

And I agree with you 100%

Happygolucky 06-25-2011 12:23 PM

I don't like being this disrespectful but the song seems appropriate......

LifeDreamer 06-25-2011 12:32 PM

What a great song... I really don't get what the big deal is... Let people be what ever the hell they want!!!

It aint bothering me none...