DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   W-2 and tax return inquiry (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=33327)

arcane 10-20-2012 04:08 PM

W-2 and tax return inquiry

My sister is freaking out because she turned in her application and submitted her tax returns (used her ITIN number for them) and w-2's (which shows using fake SSN) to prove her 5 year continuos residence, and later found out that her friend told her she wasnt suppose to submit that evidence.

I know this has been asked on this forum but been unsuccessful at arriving to the relevant answer using the search function, and my brain hurts from all the searching on threads.

but anyone gotten approved by using their tax returns AND w-2's showing fake SSN?

Mr_Dick 10-20-2012 04:15 PM

Re: W-2 and tax return inquiry

She'll be fine.

Skycap 10-20-2012 04:46 PM

Just make sure, after approval, to head over to the SSN office (which of course you will) and have all of that information transferred over as well.

surgeonmd 10-20-2012 05:18 PM

I turned in my W-2's that showed my fake SSN and my Tax returns that I filed using my ITIN # and was approved and I got my EAD today in the mail. I thought its best to be honest and I hope all that can be transferred over to my new SSN. So in my case I was fine, btw my service center was CA and on my application I specified that I had used an SSN before and put down the fake one.

arcane 10-20-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surgeonmd (Post 347417)
I turned in my W-2's that showed my fake SSN and my Tax returns that I filed using my ITIN # and was approved and I got my EAD today in the mail. I thought its best to be honest and I hope all that can be transferred over to my new SSN. So in my case I was fine, btw my service center was CA and on my application I specified that I had used an SSN before and put down the fake one.

Thank you for your input. I will show this to her so she can sleep better at night.

surgeonmd 10-20-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arcane (Post 347419)
Thank you for your input. I will show this to her so she can sleep better at night.

Glad to be of help. Im sure she will be fine. It feels good to know that this process has united us all and will be a common bond for all of us, the "DACA generation."

arcane 10-20-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surgeonmd (Post 347428)
Glad to be of help. Im sure she will be fine. It feels good to know that this process has united us all and will be a common bond for all of us, the "DACA generation."

Amen to that. Would be awesome if there was like a national celebratory event for all DREAMers to attend at a designated city like Las Vegas or Washington DC. We can travel within the US now without a problem

surgeonmd 10-20-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arcane (Post 347434)
Amen to that. Would be awesome if there was like a national celebratory event for all DREAMers to attend at a designated city like Las Vegas or Washington DC. We can travel within the US now without a problem

That would be epic. Too bad I don't live in Chicago or Iwould definitely go to the party at Simone's jaja...

arcane 10-20-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surgeonmd (Post 347440)
That would be epic. Too bad I don't live in Chicago or Iwould definitely go to the party at Simone's jaja...

Every city should organize a celebratory event party....DACA Generation has to show we are happy and we got something to really celebrate about.

Herbz 10-20-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skycap (Post 347386)
Just make sure, after approval, to head over to the SSN office (which of course you will) and have all of that information transferred over as well.

wait, if you used a fake SSN you can have that stuff transferred to this real one? Is that even possible/legal?