DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Other Topics (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Do DAPers Die? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=83120)

BestBefore1984 01-04-2019 06:54 PM

Do DAPers Die?

Dreamers,

Do DAPers die? Are there any stories of DAP posters that have passed away or do we have eternal life - waiting for the promise of legalization that may never come?

Malign0n 01-04-2019 08:07 PM

Re: Do DAPers Die?

Wow that’s morbid. I hope not. But who knows? They won’t log back on

BestBefore1984 01-04-2019 08:27 PM

I started thinking about this for two reasons:

1. There are some posters that have not visited in over 5 years that were helpful and contributors to the community; I wanted to hit up one of them and for all we know, they could have perished?

2. It looks like the best chance we have at remaining in this country permanently is if we die and are buried at one of our local cemeteries.

The 2nd point tho? Damn. That's deep.

g33k 01-04-2019 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BestBefore1984 (Post 725719)

1. There are some posters that have not visited in over 5 years that were helpful and contributors to the community; I wanted to hit up one of them and for all we know, they could have perished?

2. It looks like the best chance we have at remaining in this country permanently is if we die and are buried at one of our local cemeteries.

Once they legalize through other options, they stop coming and go on with their lives. I am sure 98% of the people here will do the same.

jwxie518 01-04-2019 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g33k (Post 725723)
Once they legalize through other options, they stop coming and go on with their lives. I am sure 98% of the people here will do the same.

We fam yo. Except we like to argue about whether Piano is a little too blue for our taste.

Malign0n 01-04-2019 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BestBefore1984 (Post 725719)

I’ve never specifically thought about posters on here per se. But the thought of death as a way to remain, yes, I have thought that. I’m hoping those posters either legalized and/or are progressing in their lives

BestBefore1984 01-04-2019 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwxie518 (Post 725729)
We fam yo. Except we like to argue about whether Piano is a little too blue for our taste.

Pianos was a fraud. He/she has likely adjusted his/her status and continued to post on here to satisfy his/her Schaudenfreude - which was to troll dreamers and put us down every time we got our hopes up. There was nothing but negativity and attacks by this poster. Let's hope for the advancement of the community his/her ban was permanent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malign0n (Post 725730)
I’ve never specifically thought about posters on here per se. But the thought of death as a way to remain, yes, I have thought that. I’m hoping those posters either legalized and/or are progressing in their lives

I hope so too. We are also progressing as well. I know many of us are better off, compared to where we were pre-DACA days. Should my AOS come before a permanent fix for dreamers, I will continue to be part of the community and offer my support. Personally, I'm rooting for all of us to receive a permanent simultaneously.

BTW, there is something wrong with your avatar. It keeps loading, I stared at it for 10 minutes and the image never appeared. Thought you should know.

carnivore 01-04-2019 09:05 PM

I'm sure a small percentage of our user base are decreased users. It's just a fact of life that people die. We are not immune to that.

Malign0n 01-04-2019 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BestBefore1984 (Post 725734)

BTW, there is something wrong with your avatar. It keeps loading, I stared at it for 10 minutes and the image never appeared. Thought you should know.

Nope! It’s a GIF of a “loading American flag” haha. It’s supposed to be a metaphor for us dreamers (loading/waiting) to become fully American

g33k 01-05-2019 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwxie518 (Post 725729)

wait...pianos got banned?