DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Taking Action (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Updating the DAP's List of Congressmen (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=78226)

Dreamer24601 09-07-2017 02:23 AM

Updating the DAP's List of Congressmen

It has been several years since the list of congressmen has been updated on the Dream Act Portal research pages. Many on the list are no longer in the House or the Senate. Given that the chance of passing the DREAM Act is higher than it has ever been, we must do what we can to convince our congressmen to support our cause. To do this efficiently, we must track each congressman's position on the DREAM Act. Since the DAP already has this feature in place, we just need to update the list of congressmen to reflect Congress's current membership. Is this something that one of the Administrators could take care of? It would really be helpful to have an accurate view of where each member of the current Congress stands on the Dream Act.

Swim19 09-07-2017 08:03 AM

Re: Updating the DAP's List of Congressmen

I think only Nick (administrator) has access to that. I'll send him an e-mail to see if it's possible - and if he doesn't have the time to give another user access to update it.

Transcend 09-08-2017 06:09 PM

Sounds good. It'd be nice to have an active activism section on this site where we can contribute to our cause instead of just mingling over news articles and hoping things go our way.

john_smith 09-08-2017 09:26 PM

The list is obsolete, and not needed, there are enough threads with lists

Dreamer24601 09-09-2017 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john_smith (Post 636764)
The list is obsolete, and not needed, there are enough threads with lists

Cool. If there is an up-to-date list of congressmen and their stances on the DREAM Act, it probably should be made a sticky thread, so people can access it easily. Most of the threads I've seen here just link to an advocacy group that assists you in calling your congressmen. They don't actually provide info on each congressman's current position on the DA. Could you please provide a link to the best thread that has each congressman's most up-to-date position on the DA? How do they track the changes? Do they link to a Google Sheet that people can update? Thanks.

libertarian1776 09-09-2017 12:35 AM

check the lounge sticky.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreamer24601 (Post 636862)
Cool. If there is an up-to-date list of congressmen and their stances on the DREAM Act, it probably should be made a sticky thread, so people can access it easily. Most of the threads I've seen here just link to an advocacy group that assists you in calling your congressmen. They don't actually provide info on each congressman's current position on the DA. Could you please provide a link to the best thread that has each congressman's most up-to-date position on the DA? How do they track the changes? Do they link to a Google Sheet that people can update? Thanks.

desice 09-13-2017 03:51 PM

up to 3 republican cosponsors for hr 3440 (total cosponsors is 194)

BeeHive 09-20-2017 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swim19 (Post 635711)
I think only Nick (administrator) has access to that. I'll send him an e-mail to see if it's possible - and if he doesn't have the time to give another user access to update it.

Any update?

justjohnjustice1988 02-15-2018 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeeHive (Post 641955)
Any update?

yeah lets update the site.

After all these years lol

BestBefore1984 03-02-2018 03:08 PM

Has the list gotten us anywhere?