DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   DUI-Will affect my reapplication? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=68260)

iah 08-07-2014 10:23 AM

Re: DUI-Will affect my reapplication?

Quote:

Originally Posted by zone2oo0 (Post 537192)
a mistake anyone can make?

Wtf are you talking about, it was your choice. I like drinking sure, but do i decide to drink and drive a the same time? No. So don't be saying "anyone" can make this mistake. Anyone who doesn't think about the consequences and thinks they're above the law: Sure. Don't be coming on here thinking that we're going to be lenient, This makes us look bad. What do you think mr King would say to you?

think before you act.

NO SYMPATHY TO DRUNK DRIVERS.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Pinche borracho!
Chupitos. LOL

bertdude7 08-07-2014 11:57 AM

I actually don't feel bad for you at all, you knew what you were getting yourself into. I really doubt your case will get renewed. A DUI is a danger to the public and that's what immigration is focusing its resources on. I wish you good luck, but do not trust a hope in this case. Again, Good luck!

dado123 08-07-2014 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justjohnjustice1988 (Post 536195)
@Sorrybrah

Someone with a first DUI where no one got hurt is only a misdemeanor.

A second one or third is a felony.

Back to my question,

Does anyone know of anyone that had a DUI in their record (first offense, non violent) and was either approved or denied?

Please keep your "you should have thought before...blah blah blah."

I'm here for info input, not sermones de abuelita

Well I had a dui and i got it expunged before applying for DACA, I worked my case with a criminal/immigration lawyer, he lawyered the f.. out of showing how in the totality of circumstances it was only one mistake, it took me a while to get approved though.

esak92 08-08-2014 02:13 AM

I feel how frustrating it could be, but DUI is a DUI. Like many others asked, it really matters what you were convicted of. In my past years, I was charged with Domestic Violence (there's a long long story to this) and I was CONVICTED of simple assault 4th deg. In my case, If I was convicted of DV, I would not have been a qualified applicant but since I wasn't convicted of DV, it didn't stop me from applying for DACA.

Now that was my experience talking and here's my opinion on your case.

If you were CONVICTED of DUI then I suggest don't reapply and just live until Obama brings out a miracle. Problem with reapplying is that DUI is an unforgivable crime in U.S. and I love drinking too, I've drank outside before, I've been in a car who was DUI. and the moment I applied for DACA, whenever I had to drive, I never drank over 3 bottles of beers, One or Two shots of Jagger Bomb. DUI is listed as a significant misdemeanor and it will get you denied if you apply for DACA. Lastly, I would never call DUI a simple mistake because we all new the consequences to DUI.

I'm not saying all this to make you feel offended or treated like a criminal. From this, you need to understand that this one is going to be a pain in the balls to revoke.
My suggestion is, go find an criminal defense attorney. There's nothing immigrant attorneys can do at this point. You have to find a way to reduce your crime to something insignificant (defined by USCIS) or get it expunged or something. It needs to be completely off your record.

I feel you on this, I know how sky-falling-down on the face this is.
I really hope the best for you, if anything changes, let us know maybe someone here can help you out...!

Good Luck!

drvenom 08-08-2014 02:21 AM

Damn, those of you with DUI's or expunged DUI's are upsetting. It's so difficult not to be mean and offensive to people like you. I'm going to take the high road on this one. I hope you guys learn from your mistakes, stop endangering the lives of other people on the road, and learn how to use services like uber if you want to drink. Be smart adults please.

MalditoDuende 08-08-2014 08:21 PM

A DUI will disqualify you from DACA, but also remember that DACA is on a case by case basis so if you can prove you are the best person in the world. i.e you do a lot of volunteering, have perfect grades, are really involved in a church or religious organization, saved the life of an infant, etc. Then you MIGHT have a chance at renewing. A lot of judgmental people here..

soontobemechengineer 12-04-2016 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justjohnjustice1988 (Post 536183)
Hi guys!

I was granted DACA December 2012.

On June, 2013, I was arrested for driving under the influence.

I was represented by a lawyer and he was able to get me court supervision.

I have complied with all my court supervision requirements and have to go this September for the last court date, when hopefully, they will finally close the court supervision case and I will be good to go.

I know that court supervision for a DUI is still going to show up on my record.

Does anyone have experience with a DUI and DACA or know someone who was approved or denied because/despite of it?

Hey man, so what happened at the end? I am now in the same boat as you so I need to figure out what I must do.

bertdude7 12-06-2016 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justjohnjustice1988 (Post 537093)
Thank you for your information. Also, thanks for not being judgemental like all the other commentors that are ready to stone me for a mistake anyone can make.

I already talked to one lawyer. I'm going to talk to another one.

I might have a sliver of hope.

If I do get approved for renewal, I'll give all the details for sure.

Again, thanks for being positive. The last thing I need is answering to all the negative responses my post has gotten.

I'm not gonna give up any time soon. I belong here and I will prove it!

I think its odd that you only replied back to the comment that you wanted to hear. you need to understand its a case by case, but in my opinion you're pretty much wasting time and money reapplying and only putting yourself up for removal proceedings. I wish you the best, because you never know what will happen.

zone2oo0 12-07-2016 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soontobemechengineer (Post 592000)
Hey man, so what happened at the end? I am now in the same boat as you so I need to figure out what I must do.

try # 2

Trump has the list now. You could have not done this at a worse time. If they pass the DREAMact i hope they don't make any exceptions regarding DUI's.

WIthout the "BAD" word...

yo admin, next time edit the post, don't delete it all, thanks.

imDreaming 12-07-2016 07:38 PM

Maybe we should be worried about Trump keeping DACA instead of already finding groups he should leave out.