DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Please Help! AP "Doctors Letter" (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=72948)

garciv 01-17-2016 03:39 PM

Please Help! AP "Doctors Letter"

Hello my name is garciv, I am currently located in the Suburbs of Chicago.

I am an DACA recipient. I am reaching out to the community for assistance.

My Aunt/Godmother member is in critical condition, and I wish to visit her. The only means is to do so through Advance Parole. My family in Mexico agreed to disclose her Doctors Letter, Birth Certificate, and ID's, WITH the condition that a Lawyer helps me file the Advance Parole.

Problem 1: The Lawyers want to charge $700 - 1000.

Problem 2: From the phone calls that I've made, they refuse to disclose how the doctors letter should addressed. Which is where I need your help.

I've read through many topics, and I cant seem to find a topic that touches how the Doctors note should be formatted and addressed to.

Can someone one please help with the following;
>Does this need to be an official letter from the hospital?
>To whom is the letter addressed to?
>What details should be in the doctors letter?
>A Doctor letter successfully used for AP, so I can use it as a point of reference?

If someone has a copy of a letter that was successfully approved (naturally with personal info omitted), would be invaluable, and an excellent point of reference.

Thank you for taking your time to read this message.
- garciv

Pianoswithoutfaith 01-17-2016 04:01 PM

Re: Please Help! AP "Doctors Letter"

They are making it so much difficult than this should be, what a shitty family to be honest. There isnt any kind of format, you only need evidence she is ill, you are related to her. AP is extremely easy to do and I have not met anyone who has been rejected for it (aside from people who didn't send common sense papers like birth certificates showing connection)

garciv 01-17-2016 05:04 PM

@Pianoswithoutfaith , yes it seems straight forward to me. But I cant argue the conditions set by family.

Guys please help.
For Doctors letter, to whom does the letter address? I assume "United States Department of Homeland Security" or DOHS?

2Face 01-17-2016 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garciv (Post 564075)
Hello my name is garciv, I am currently located in the Suburbs of Chicago.

I am an DACA recipient. I am reaching out to the community for assistance.

My Aunt/Godmother member is in critical condition, and I wish to visit her. The only means is to do so through Advance Parole. My family in Mexico agreed to disclose her Doctors Letter, Birth Certificate, and ID's, WITH the condition that a Lawyer helps me file the Advance Parole.

Problem 1: The Lawyers want to charge $700 - 1000.

Problem 2: From the phone calls that I've made, they refuse to disclose how the doctors letter should addressed. Which is where I need your help.

I've read through many topics, and I cant seem to find a topic that touches how the Doctors note should be formatted and addressed to.

Can someone one please help with the following;
>Does this need to be an official letter from the hospital?
>To whom is the letter addressed to?
>What details should be in the doctors letter?
>A Doctor letter successfully used for AP, so I can use it as a point of reference?

If someone has a copy of a letter that was successfully approved (naturally with personal info omitted), would be invaluable, and an excellent point of reference. Also get a copy of her ID.

Thank you for taking your time to read this message.
- garciv

Problem 1 - Do not get a lawyer. This application can be easily completed in less than half hour. Not only is that a ripoff but you risk delaying your application as there are tons of lawyers out there who have no sense of urgency or even grammar skills.

Letter details -
1) Yes, it has to be from official doctor on his clinic or hospital letterhead.
2) Addressed "To whom it may concern:"
3) Doctor must mention in the letter that "(Insert Aunts name) is the aunt/godmother of (insert your name) residing at (insert your address) and has not seen her nephew for a long time. Therefore he should be allowed to visit her" Also in the letter the Doctor should briefly describe her aunts condition and how she is suffering.

That's all you need but also just reminding you you have to write letter of your own describing why you want AP. Fairly easy. Also get a copy of her ID and send that along with your application.

Good luck.

Edit: I just read that the family wants you to get a lawyer. That is indeed bizarre. All I can tell you is look around and find a good one. Have a meeting and be absolutely assertive and you should double check the application and try to negotiate the price. That is way too much man. Don't forget the application fees for AP is between 350-400 I believe.

Pancho1 01-18-2016 12:58 AM

its a persuasive style letter. Every doctors writes it different. Tell the doctor what you are trying to do. Remember it can be a copy that you send yo uscis(bc sometimes its hard/expensive to get the original to the US). I can send you the letter that was given to my by the doctor. PM me.

IamAman 01-18-2016 10:42 AM

Yeah lawyers are such ripoffs until you try to come back and find out you screwed up something and your life is over. As far as the family being unreasonable, let's call a spade a spade about why people with DACA use AP- I'll spell it out:

It's to use AP to remove their EWI and since the program wasn't really designed for that purpose and clearing of an EWI is a pleasant side effect of a relative being on their death bed, all of a sudden, there are all of these posts on here about someone's sweet dear aunt, great uncle, etc. being reallly realllllly sick (I mean surely doctors in Mexico don't just write notes without it being 100% true, right?) and their last dying wish is to see the great nephew that they had never met or otherwise haven't seen since the kid was in his diapers.. Is that about right?

So in that context, it's very reasonable for a relative stuck in Mexico to at least expect you to know what the hell you're doing if they're going to stick their neck out for you and give their personal information or bend the rules a bit so you can get your AP.

TKDwarrior 01-18-2016 03:43 PM

My lawyer told me it's better when AP is done from the requestee himself. It makes your application look a bit more personal and imperfect since you are not a lawyer. It erases the middle man(lawyer) and makes your application look more urgent and intimate to uscis.

The letter needs to be from the physician himself, such as his office or department or whatever, try to be as official as possible with this, maybe have him use his license number.

Have him state it to whom it may concern, describing the illness

You do not need to pay a lawyer for this . Do it yourself. Save money and a better chance at it being accepted

Kamara22 01-24-2016 03:18 PM

Thank goodness somebody asked the question because it's the same thing my family back home is asking. What should the doctor put in the letter. If you don't mind I will pm you also Pancho1. To see a copy of your doctor letter. Did you guys have to go as far as X-rays or blood work.

redqueen2012 01-26-2016 01:06 AM

I have traveled twice already on the humanitarian AP, and I can say with certainty that you do not need a lawyer to prepare the package. I have done it for myself and those around me, and if you only have the capacity of neatly organizing documents into an orderly packet, you are pretty much all set.

As far as the doctor's letter is concerned, mine (well, the one for my grandmother) was not specifically in a letter format.
It was rather a documentation which disclose her medical conditions. Of course it had her personal information such as her name, age, DOB, along with the types of medical attention she was receiving. Her conditions were indicated with international disease classification or ICD, and because, as its name implies, it is an internationally accepted medical code, it was pretty much self-explanatory own its own, not requiring much of translation. I did not include any further medical documents such as X-rays or other formal stuffs, and the USCIS never required further evidences in both cases.

Kamara22 01-26-2016 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redqueen2012 (Post 564276)
I have traveled twice already on the humanitarian AP, and I can say with certainty that you do not need a lawyer to prepare the package. I have done it for myself and those around me, and if you only have the capacity of neatly organizing documents into an orderly packet, you are pretty much all set.

As far as the doctor's letter is concerned, mine (well, the one for my grandmother) was not specifically in a letter format.
It was rather a documentation which disclose her medical conditions. Of course it had her personal information such as her name, age, DOB, along with the types of medical attention she was receiving. Her conditions were indicated with international disease classification or ICD, and because, as its name implies, it is an internationally accepted medical code, it was pretty much self-explanatory own its own, not requiring much of translation. I did not include any further medical documents such as X-rays or other formal stuffs, and the USCIS never required further evidences in both cases.

Other than the letter, what documents did you enclose to prove she was your grandmother. In my country grandmother's aren't on our birth certificates