DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The News Room (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Democrats dig in ahead of Supreme Court ruling on 'Dreamers' (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=83953)

ECW 10-19-2019 09:19 PM

Democrats dig in ahead of Supreme Court ruling on 'Dreamers'

Quote:

The Supreme Court is due to hold a hearing Nov. 12 to decide on the legality of Trump's order on the program formally known as the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), after lower courts have forced the Trump administration to continue issuing renewals of it.
Quote:

Democrats and pro-immigrant advocates feel confident the court will rule against the White House.
Quote:

But even if it doesn't, Democrats believe the sympathy generated by Dreamers, or undocumented immigrants who arrived in the country as minors, will eventually force GOP moderates in the Senate to support emergency House legislation to protect a program that has proven popular with voters.
Quote:

I think there is a growing bipartisan sentiment that these DACA recipients need protection and I think we'd pass [emergency protections], I really do, on a bipartisan basis," Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) told reporters and DACA recipients at a press conference Thursday.
https://thehill.com/latino/466598-de...ng-on-dreamers

beingoflight 10-19-2019 11:27 PM

Re: Democrats dig in ahead of Supreme Court ruling on 'Dreamers'

Emergency protections that is then.
Then after he is reelected, pass Dream Act and comprenhesive immigration reform since he wont have anything to lose now.

Trump's 4D chess at play along with the art of the deal.

Lmao he is going to force them into compromising!!

United We Dream better stay the fuck out with the "legalization for all or nothing" bullshit.

MIdreamer 10-19-2019 11:39 PM

I like Senator Durbin, but he has said that he feels optimistic about passing DA many times before. I highly doubt that Trump will pass anything regarding immigration because he feels like he need to dig in to appease his base.

ECW 10-19-2019 11:43 PM

It will be the BRIDGE Act or something of that short that everyone is crying they don't want.

Alby 10-19-2019 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIdreamer (Post 742090)
I like Senator Durbin, but he has said that he feels optimistic about passing DA many times before. I highly doubt that Trump will pass anything regarding immigration because he feels like he need to dig in to appease his base.

This is all a shit show to me now. It is a joke. Even the creator himself is probably at his throne scratching his balls and saying “What the fuck did I create?” You know how many times I’ve been let down? Countless. Even God himself is probably saying just marry and then divorce; I’ll myself forgive you for all the bullshit you’ve endured.

2MoreYears 10-20-2019 12:56 AM

Will SCOTUS still have to make a decision after POTUS is impeached later this year? Is the case grandfathered?

PapiChulo 10-20-2019 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2MoreYears (Post 742093)
Will SCOTUS still have to make a decision after POTUS is impeached later this year? Is the case grandfathered?

lol he can be impeached but not convicted in the Senate.

but.. he'll still be the 3rd US President that is impeached.

Outsider626 10-20-2019 01:17 AM

Will they make a final decision on November 12? Trying to figure out when to send my renewal...

frbc13 10-20-2019 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outsider626 (Post 742096)
Will they make a final decision on November 12? Trying to figure out when to send my renewal...

I sent mines in May of this year......I expires May of next year, ya heard me? That's just how I roll

2MoreYears 10-20-2019 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PapiChulo (Post 742095)
lol he can be impeached but not convicted in the Senate.

but.. he'll still be the 3rd US President that is impeached.

I meant if he's removed from office.

Swim19 10-20-2019 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outsider626 (Post 742096)

Decision won't come until May/June 2020

Outsider626 10-20-2019 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swim19 (Post 742105)
Decision won't come until May/June 2020

Than i'll wait cuz i expire next August. Will send renewal late April.

IamAman 10-20-2019 02:27 PM

The problem with a stop gap measure is that historically, they never come back to fix things. That's the case with a lot of bills, not just immigration. A lot of times you get one shot at it to do it right so be careful what you ask for if you support things like the bridge act.

DogJuiceMan 10-20-2019 06:12 PM

"Nothing is more permanent than a temporary solution." old russian proverb

Afridi786 10-20-2019 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamAman (Post 742110)
The problem with a stop gap measure is that historically, they never come back to fix things. That's the case with a lot of bills, not just immigration. A lot of times you get one shot at it to do it right so be careful what you ask for if you support things like the bridge act.

I'd take a permanent DACA.

beingoflight 10-20-2019 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamAman (Post 742110)

This is more than true, we already had one of (if not the only) best chance to get this fixed for good during the last government shutdown, stupid organizations like United we dream messed it all up with the legalization for all or nothing bullshit.

jwxie518 10-20-2019 10:11 PM

If the demoncracks would keep the govt shut longer, we would have a permeant solution by now.

Pianoswithoutfaith 10-20-2019 11:00 PM

Reminder

2017, September

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-to-save-daca/

Quote:

Trump said that he and Congress are “fairly close” to a deal and that Republican leaders Rep. Paul Ryan (Wis.) and Sen. Mitch McConnell (Ky.) are “very much on board” with a deal that would address DACA. The agreement must include “massive border security,” Trump said in response to shouted questions about whether he had reached a deal on the terms Schumer and Pelosi had described.
what about all those immigration bills republicans couldn't even agree on?

If you think groups like UWD are single handedly destroying our chances, you are gravely mistaken.

Pianoswithoutfaith 10-20-2019 11:08 PM

September 13, 2017 Trump "Trump said that he and Congress are “fairly close” to a deal"

September 14, 2017 Trump "No deal was made last night on DACA. Massive border security would have to be agreed to in exchange for consent. Would be subject to vote."

do you guys seriously not see who is the problem here?

Not even a week, and Trump changed his mind.

Quote:

And all he had to do was accept a 10- to 14-year path to citizenship for children of undocumented immigrants brought to the United States at a young age.

That deal has been on the table for more than a month now: Trump gives Democrats a path to citizenship for 1.8 million Dreamers; Democrats give Trump his full $25 billion wall funding request.
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...all-offer.html

Let this sink into your red sore asses, Had Trump not backed out the very next morning. Right now, in 2019 you guys would traveling to your countries with your shiny conditional permanent resident cards.

Pianoswithoutfaith 10-20-2019 11:15 PM

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...ve-taken-didnt

Quote:

Indeed, when the Dems’ offer – wall money for DACA – came to the Senate floor, it received 54 votes, despite a veto threat from Trump. Sure, it needed 60 votes to advance, but the president’s preferred immigration alternative received just 39 votes in a chamber with a Republican majority.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...=firefox-b-1-d

Quote:

President Donald Trump may want to partner with “Chuck and Nancy” on a solution for Dreamers, but House Republicans say forget it — at least for now.

GOP leaders are resisting Trump’s push to salvage the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals initiative with bipartisan cooperation. Instead, at the behest of a conservative conference that loathes the Obama-era program giving work permits to young undocumented immigrants, Republicans are crafting a solution that sticks to party orthodoxy.

A GOP working group formed by House Speaker Paul Ryan held two meetings last week to discuss immigration, and sources say there was virtually no support among members for Trump’s tentative DACA deal with Democratic leaders Sen. Chuck Schumer and Rep. Nancy Pelosi.

What does Trump do later? give us that bullshit 4 Pillars demand which caused democrats to back out. Trumps new deal at best would have given us a shitty version of DACA, which I think needed to be renewed every year, harsh immigration laws, border wall.

Gnome 10-21-2019 12:07 PM

I'll take Bridge Act or DACA with travel authorization, short of anything permanent (which is preferred, of course). I neeed to travel abroad.

fl_dreamer 10-21-2019 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gnome (Post 742142)
I'll take Bridge Act or DACA with travel authorization, short of anything permanent (which is preferred, of course). I neeed to travel abroad.

This!

Gastonstella 10-21-2019 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gnome (Post 742142)

This right here!

jwxie518 10-21-2019 01:55 PM

I can tell Piano has no job because he does a good job quoting.

Pianoswithoutfaith 10-21-2019 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwxie518 (Post 742149)
I can tell Piano has no job because he does a good job quoting.

I can tell if you were ever a citizen you’d vote against your own best interests

jwxie518 10-21-2019 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianoswithoutfaith (Post 742150)
I can tell if you were ever a citizen you’d vote against your own best interests

On public note, I will vote for anyone who give me green card and lower my taxes. If it involves deporting Piano, I vote for that candidate too.

Pianoswithoutfaith 10-21-2019 04:22 PM

Oh wow!

Kinda cold but basically reassuring what everyone already thinks of you

jwxie518 10-21-2019 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianoswithoutfaith (Post 742150)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianoswithoutfaith (Post 742156)
Oh wow!

Kinda cold but basically reassuring what everyone already thinks of you

Who is everyone? Stop trolling.

Pianoswithoutfaith 10-21-2019 05:40 PM

I have never trolled in my life

You just said “I’d vote for anyone who deport you”

Jesus Chris

bad.bunny 10-22-2019 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianoswithoutfaith (Post 742162)
I have never trolled in my life

You just said “I’d vote for anyone who deport you”

Jesus Chris

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianoswithoutfaith (Post 742004)
Lmao

Good riddance I wonder if swim can check his IP

You literally expressed joy & happiness when Carnivore departed this country. Keep that same energy.

Pianoswithoutfaith 10-22-2019 02:40 AM

Yes good riddance he’s in a place he’s happy now and stop coming here to get attention