DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Unbelievable amount of Free books for Engineers, computer scientist, & physicist (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=12128)

ciscox3 07-14-2009 07:22 AM

Unbelievable amount of Free books for Engineers, computer scientist, & physicist

Hey guys, i thought i would share with you a link that i've had now for quite a while but would probably take me a hundred lifetimes to be able to read all the amazing books that this site has to offer. For example here are some books (but not limited to) on Microprocessor and Microcontroller.

The Quintessential PIC MicrocontrollerBy Sidney J. Katzen

Windows Assembly Language & Systems Programming: 16- And 32-Bit Low-Level Programming for the PC and Windows

Linux books:

Understanding Linux Network Internals By Christian Benvenuti

Linux Server HacksBy Rob Flickenger

Linux and the Unix PhilosophyBy Mike Gancarz

Running Linux, Fourth EditionBy Matt Welsh

Linux Shell Scripting with BashBy Ken O Burtch

C and C++ books:

Practical Data Structures in C++

Creating Games in C++ A Step-by-Step Guide

Parallel and Distributed Programming Using C++

A Numerical Library in C for Scientists and Engineers

Books on Electromagnetics, Circuit Theory, Digital Signal Processing and Printed Circuit Boards

Engineering Electromagnetics
By William Hayt

Computational Methods for Electromagnetics and Microwaves
By Richard C. Booton

Fourier Transforms in Radar and Signal Processing
By David Brandwood

Signal Analysis Time, Frequency, Scale, and Structure
By Ronald L. Allen Duncan Mills

Digital Signal Processing: DSP and Applications
By Dag Stranneby

.... guys, this is just a sample, there are like a thousand more books where that came from, ranging in subjects like Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, famous Control Systems Books, to novels like The Da Vinci Code, Angels and Demons, and GRE Study Books. Anyways, here is the link ----->

http://analogstuff.net/2007_05_01_archive.html

Please take a look around, books are like Gold and who knows how long this website will be around for (hopefully forever because there are still many books that i have not read or extracted on to my hard drive.)

What you will need to download these books is preferably a fast connection like dsl or cable and one of these two programs (but not limited to) ----> WinZip or 7-zip, to be able to extract the file (.rar) that these books come in. The books themselves will be in pdf format.
When your done downloading a book (or however many you download) extract the file in a folder where you would like to keep these books. Happy Treasure Hunting, oh yeah not all the links to these books work (that would just be heaven) but the majority (like 90%) should.

Late, Eric

drvenom 07-14-2009 02:23 PM

Re: Unbelievable amount of Free books for Engineers, computer scientist, & physicist

Sometimes I wish I would have majored in Engineering so that I could build my own spaceship. Biology would have been cool too. I could have probably found a way to live indefinitely. But nooooooooo, I had to fall in love with supply and demand. lol

Loki 07-14-2009 02:50 PM

Re: Unbelievable amount of Free books for Engineers, computer scientist, & physicist

I've always wanted to study either zoology or marine biology, but due to economic and time constraints I have to stick to something else.

ciscox3 07-14-2009 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drvenom (Post 136753)
Sometimes I wish I would have majored in Engineering so that I could build my own spaceship. Biology would have been cool too. I could have probably found a way to live indefinitely. But nooooooooo, I had to fall in love with supply and demand. lol

That's the point though you see, as long as you love what you are studying and have fun doing it, i think that's the best thing in the world. Next to getting laid of course. I have to watch out for prettyjolie, i might get a negative rating for saying something like this. lol

drvenom 07-14-2009 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ciscox3 (Post 136762)
That's the point though you see, as long as you love what you are studying and have fun doing it, i think that's the best thing in the world. Next to getting laid of course. I have to watch out for prettyjolie, i might get a negative rating for saying something like this. lol

lol :) Yup, two people were offended with my sanguine (upbeat, confident, ect) humor. It happens from time to time. That is just the nature of the beast. I just choose to be that way. Shit, I even measure my happiness every week; I try to stay above 90%. I enjoy being cheerful. Truth be told, almost everyone enjoys the activity that I mentioned. I didn't even say it in a gruesome manner. But oh well. It is funny if you ask me. :)

CompSciDreamer 07-14-2009 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ciscox3 (Post 136745)
Hey guys, i thought i would share with you a link that i've had now for quite a while but would probably take me a hundred lifetimes to be able to read all the amazing books that this site has to offer.

I feel like you just opened up heaven for me. :p

Thanks!!

echoe09 07-15-2009 01:45 PM

Amazing find my friend. Thanks a LOT once i redo my laptop i will invest in a external harddrive to keep all this stuff in. I could immagine using some of these for my classes.

Hey do you mind if i copy your post and post it in another forum? Spread the love, right?

ciscox3 07-15-2009 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echoe09 (Post 136807)
Amazing find my friend. Thanks a LOT once i redo my laptop i will invest in a external harddrive to keep all this stuff in. I could immagine using some of these for my classes.

Hey do you mind if i copy your post and post it in another forum? Spread the love, right?

No, not at all, be my guest. The books are for whoever wants to learn.

Irvinsote 07-15-2009 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drvenom (Post 136753)
.But nooooooooo, I had to fall in love with supply and demand. lol

I know right?
Same thing happened to me.... But what I'm going to do anyways is tie everything together (engineering, photography, computers ughhhh!! too many) with Economics.