DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Don't forget to register young dreamers without daca. (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=80528)

BeansDreamtoo21 01-25-2018 12:44 AM

Don't forget to register young dreamers without daca.

All of the bills coming out requires you to be registered in the military selective service if you are a male. It falls under good moral.

Since you probably don't have a ssn go to your local postal service center and ask for a selective service form.

It might take 3 months for you to get the proof of registration in your mail.

Pianoswithoutfaith 01-25-2018 12:45 AM

Re: Don't forget to register young dreamers without daca.

You have to do it before turning 26 wont wait up. If you have an SSN, go to ss and check to see if you are registered

Jose89 01-25-2018 02:26 AM

Do it people.

CUSenior 01-25-2018 02:45 AM

And in the event that a war starts with Korea and they establish the draft, tell the recruiters (or whoever is in charge of the military), that you intend to have nightly gay orgies in the barracks. DADT may have been repealed but they sure as hell are not drafting you if you pull that crap.

CUSenior 01-25-2018 02:46 AM

But seriously sign up the Selective Service or there is no way you are going to get your green card from a potential Dreamer deal.

Resistant 01-25-2018 11:49 AM

I didn’t and def wont in the future (because I’m already 28.5 years old anyways), and I doubt I’ll be rejected in any future legislative relief.

CUSenior 01-25-2018 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Resistant (Post 680930)
I didn’t and def wont in the future , and I doubt I’ll be rejected in any future legislative relief.

Okay. Good luck. Though I think If you got a DL after you were 18, you might have already been registered so you might want to check on the SS website.

Resistant 01-25-2018 12:13 PM

And out of curiosity were in any if the introduced bills does it require for us to be regestired with SS? I ask because I must have missed those parts on all the DACA bills.

Whereisthelight 01-25-2018 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CUSenior (Post 680876)
And in the event that a war starts with Korea and they establish the draft, tell the recruiters (or whoever is in charge of the military), that you intend to have nightly gay orgies in the barracks. DADT may have been repealed but they sure as hell are not drafting you if you pull that crap.

I told the recruiters that I'm asthmatic and I never heard from them again.

BeeHive 01-25-2018 01:45 PM

Is this strictly for men? Or do women have to do it?

BeansDreamtoo21 01-25-2018 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeeHive (Post 681014)

Only men

BeansDreamtoo21 01-25-2018 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Resistant (Post 680942)
And out of curiosity were in any if the introduced bills does it require for us to be regestired with SS? I ask because I must have missed those parts on all the DACA bills.

On the dream act

(9) MILITARY SELECTIVE SERVICE.—An alien applying for permanent resident status on a conditional basis under this section shall establish that the alien has registered under the Military Selective Service Act (50 U.S.C. 3801 et seq.), if the alien is subject to registration under such Act.

JJ Glo 01-25-2018 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeeHive (Post 681014)

Men only, you're good B.

BeeHive 01-25-2018 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ Glo (Post 681060)
Men only, you're good B.

Yeah I know I'm good I did it long time ago.

Resistant 01-25-2018 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeansDreamtoo21 (Post 681038)
On the dream act

(9) MILITARY SELECTIVE SERVICE.—An alien applying for permanent resident status on a conditional basis under this section shall establish that the alien has registered under the Military Selective Service Act (50 U.S.C. 3801 et seq.), if the alien is subject to registration under such Act.

Too late now lol I’m turning 29 soon. But I’m not worried about it.

But I haven’t seen that as a requirement for the newer bills

Pianoswithoutfaith 01-25-2018 04:04 PM

"If the alien is subject to registerration under such act "

The law says any male under 26 are require by law to register if you're above 26 you're no longer require. You will be denied financial aid ( which I think most bills have said we wouldn't be able to get with a cgc) would have to wait 5 years to adjust for citizenship. But every relief so far that offers citizenship is 10-12 years.

Carpenter86 01-25-2018 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Resistant (Post 680930)
I didn’t and def wont in the future (because I’m already 28.5 years old anyways), and I doubt I’ll be rejected in any future legislative relief.

I missed the registration too.
I reached out to SSA, they sent me a letter stating that if I missed the SS unwillingly, that I shouldn't be denied any federal benefit or policy

Resistant 01-25-2018 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianoswithoutfaith (Post 681230)
"If the alien is subject to registerration under such act "

The law says any male under 26 are require by law to register if you're above 26 you're no longer require. You will be denied financial aid ( which I think most bills have said we wouldn't be able to get with a cgc) would have to wait 5 years to adjust for citizenship. But every relief so far that offers citizenship is 10-12 years.

I’m ok without any government aid. As long as I qualify for future DACA relief programs, even though I never applied for the selective service ( I did not know).

Resistant 01-25-2018 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carpenter86 (Post 681274)
I missed the registration too.
I reached out to SSA, they sent me a letter stating that if I missed the SS unwillingly, that I shouldn't be denied any federal benefit or policy

I have a cousing who AOS through marriage and later became a citizen and they asked why he never applied. He just said he did not know about it, and that was it.

Pianoswithoutfaith 01-25-2018 10:30 PM

But it's anyone's guess if not registering would disqualify you.

TexasDreamy 01-26-2018 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianoswithoutfaith (Post 681842)
But it's anyone's guess if not registering would disqualify you.

It's actually a requirement to register for SS if you ever want to adjust to citizenship status. :shock:

legendver2 01-26-2018 12:27 AM

How do we check if we're registered?

Edit: Nevermind, found it myself. For those interested here's the link to check:

https://www.sss.gov/Registration/Che...ification-Form

You can also save/print out the document for future references.

TexasDreamy 01-26-2018 12:34 AM

Did you get a little slip from SSS after you registered..?

legendver2 01-26-2018 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasDreamy (Post 681983)
Did you get a little slip from SSS after you registered..?

That I'm not sure. The record shows I registered in 2003, around the time I got my DL, so it's a while back, so details are fuzzy. But if you self check in the provided link, it allows you to save/print out the official verification form. I'm guessing that can come in handy in the future.

Resistant 01-26-2018 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legendver2 (Post 681985)
That I'm not sure. The record shows I registered in 2003, around the time I got my DL, so it's a while back, so details are fuzzy. But if you self check in the provided link, it allows you to save/print out the official verification form. I'm guessing that can come in handy in the future.

Are you automatically registered when you apply for your DL or obtain a new SSN?

Pianoswithoutfaith 01-26-2018 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasDreamy (Post 681978)
It's actually a requirement to register for SS if you ever want to adjust to citizenship status. :shock:

You're barred for adjusting for 5 years

Carpenter86 01-26-2018 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianoswithoutfaith (Post 682337)
You're barred for adjusting for 5 years

If you can prove that you missed the selective service unwilling, you are able to adjust. I know people who did it, you have to provide I letter from SS, an affidavit explaining why you failed to register, and if possible, notarized letter from people vouching for your good character.

Pianoswithoutfaith 01-26-2018 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carpenter86 (Post 682454)
If you can prove that you missed the selective service unwilling, you are able to adjust. I know people who did it, you have to provide I letter from SS, an affidavit explaining why you failed to register, and if possible, notarized letter from people vouching for your good character.

This doesn't really answer anything at all.

So men between 18 and 26 by law are required to register. Men between 26-31 will be denied citizenship unless they can prove it was innocent. This will be hard and lawyers recommend people to wait until they're 31. After 31 5 years have passed and if you didn't mess with the law shows good moral. (31-26=5 years )

It's a lot easier to adjust after 31. If you failed to registered then it's a good idea ti simply wait 5 years.

https://citizenpath.com/failing-regi...ctive-service/

Now the question is : if one failed from registrating would any relief not be applicable to them?

This just speculation and nothing more: Most bills have sruff like "show that he registered for these if required by law" if you're under 26 you must registered as it's by law. If you're over 26 there isn't a law that makes you register anymore. What about men who legally migrate to the USA after 26? The law cannot be apply for men who weren't here to register. We also have to notice every bill has had a number of requirements. But registering for SS has never been one. Been here since 2007, have college degree or work or military, etc etc.

Assuming this, if some one who failed to registered for the selective were to benefit from a relief, they would be able to adjust because the path for citizenship is well over 5 years. In Trumps case is 10. 10 years one must be a green card holder. You'd be well over 31 by then.

But this is Trumps American and Trumps UsCIS who would be accepting to be applications and I do believe they will look for any reason to deny you. So failing to register for the SS might even be a reason for denial.

Carpenter86 01-26-2018 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianoswithoutfaith (Post 682481)

So men between 18 and 26 by law are required to register. Men between 26-31 will be denied citizenship unless they can prove it was innocent. This will be hard and lawyers recommend people to wait until they're 31. After 31 5 years have passed and if you didn't mess with the law shows good moral. (31-26=5 years )

It's a lot easier to adjust after 31. If you failed to registered then it's a good idea ti simply wait 5 years.

Now the question is : if one failed from registrating would any relief not be applicable to them?

This just speculation and nothing more: Most bills have sruff like "show that he registered for these if required by law" if you're under 26 you must registered as it's by law. If you're over 26 there isn't a law that makes you register anymore. What about men who legally migrate to the USA after 26? The law cannot be apply for men who weren't here to register. We also have to notice every bill has had a number of requirements. But registering for SS has never been one. Been here since 2007, have college degree or work or military, etc etc.

Assuming this, if some one who failed to registered for the selective were to benefit from a relief, they would be able to adjust because the path for citizenship is well over 5 years. In Trumps case is 10. 10 years one must be a green card holder. You'd be well over 31 by then.

But this is Trumps American and Trumps UsCIS who would be accepting to be applications and I do believe they will look for any reason to deny you. So failing to register for the SS might even be a reason for denial.

Let's just wait and see.
I failed to register, innocently, so I'm at their mercy, but I believe I should be okay.
I suggest whoever needs to apply, to do it, why not?

Resistant 01-28-2018 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianoswithoutfaith (Post 682481)

So we’re ok with getting a GC but are barred from getting citizenship untill we’re 31? Not bad

FarikoXpress 01-28-2018 11:48 PM

It says no result for me, even though I have my DL

dreamcast0819 01-29-2018 12:56 AM

I failed to register for ss, since no one told me that we were required to register as undocumented. I am hoping Uscis will accept this as minor exception, when we get any future relief.

Carpenter86 01-29-2018 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamcast0819 (Post 683199)
I failed to register for ss, since no one told me that we were required to register as undocumented. I am hoping Uscis will accept this as minor exception, when we get any future relief.

Contact the SSA and tell them you missed the registration unwillingly.

They will send you a document stating that, I'm pretty sure we will need this document to any future law.

I did it a while ago, through phone, it was real simple, and they were very nice and helpful with me

dreamcast0819 01-29-2018 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carpenter86 (Post 683235)
Contact the SSA and tell them you missed the registration unwillingly.

They will send you a document stating that, I'm pretty sure we will need this document to any future law.

I did it a while ago, through phone, it was real simple, and they were very nice and helpful with me

I am going to give them a call today. Do you recall them asking any specific information?

Carpenter86 01-29-2018 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamcast0819 (Post 683275)
I am going to give them a call today. Do you recall them asking any specific information?

Name, address, social security number
Took around 5 days to get the letter.

john_smith 01-29-2018 01:57 PM

I did it twice, so I got twice as many chances to get drafted....

john_smith 01-29-2018 01:58 PM

See you guys in combat

DreamerSD23 01-29-2018 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarikoXpress (Post 683174)
It says no result for me, even though I have my DL

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamcast0819 (Post 683199)

You guys need to take care of this as soon as possible.

I knew I had to register even before DACA was a thing.

dreamcast0819 01-29-2018 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carpenter86 (Post 683279)
Name, address, social security number
Took around 5 days to get the letter.

I just spoked to them and after providing information, they will be sending me the letter as well. I mentioned that I am currently under daca, and rep. told me that this letter will most likely be needed for any future passage. Just a grain of salt to every one, who might be over 26.

cardozo 01-29-2018 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamcast0819 (Post 683407)
I just spoked to them and after providing information, they will be sending me the letter as well. I mentioned that I am currently under daca, and rep. told me that this letter will most likely be needed for any future passage. Just a grain of salt to every one, who might be over 26.

May I ask what you told them? I'm going to have to call them as well since I also didn't know we had to register.