DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The News Room (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   DACA recipients attending SOTU donít want their legal status traded for the wall (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=83334)

jaylove16 02-06-2019 08:13 AM

DACA recipients attending SOTU donít want their legal status traded for the wall

Escobar recalled that in August Nancy Pelosi visited her district and Navar told the soon-to-be speaker, “Do not trade me for a wall.” Pelosi would later share that encounter as an example of why Democrats should not give into Trump’s demands, Escobar said.
Devani Gonzalez, a DACA recipient attending as freshmen Texas Rep. Sylvia Garcia’s guest, said the wall isn’t the biggest issue.

“The issue is he’s trying to trade us for the wall,” she said.

DACA recipient Ronnie James, New York Rep. Yvette Clarke’s guest, agreed.

“Our lives aren’t supposed to be used as leverage for a piece of architecture,” he said.

Democratic lawmakers also oppose the border wall, whether on its own or in exchange for DACA protections.

“Doing so I think would be a mistake because DACA is not a national security threat,” California Rep. Norma Torres said.

“Democrats have control of the House. This is a bipartisan issue. There shouldn’t need to be a trade for permanent protections for DACA recipients and TPS,” added California Rep. Nanette BarragŠn.
http://www.rollcall.com/news/daca-sotu-wall

These idiots fucking it up for dreamers smh. Honestly nothing is going to happen for dreamers in this administration or the next with attitudes like this . Senate Republicans will not pass a clean dream act nor will Trump sign it . Focus on your plan B and forget about congress helping you out .

soypana 02-06-2019 08:29 AM

Re: DACA recipients attending SOTU donít want their legal status traded for the wall

I bet these people aren't even Dreamers.. they are prob USC and Democrats tell them what to say.

Red neck 02-06-2019 09:04 AM

Re: DACA recipients attending SOTU donít want their legal status traded for the wall

anyone have their facebook or twitter accounts

Red neck 02-06-2019 09:12 AM

@LACaldwellDC
Following Following @LACaldwellDC
More
Democrats are holding a press event with their #SOTU2019 guests.
@RepEscobar brought Dreamer Senaida Navar who told @SpeakerPelosi not to trade her (DACA protections) for a wall

Afridi786 02-06-2019 09:26 AM

WTF, why are they doing this to us?!? I hope Dems lose the presidential election, they are never going to help us anyway.

hkeita69 02-06-2019 09:28 AM

Who is their drug dealer

frbc13 02-06-2019 09:52 AM

Please Mrs. Pelosi don't trade me for a wall, Mrs. Pelosi I'm begging you, I don't like walls, walls are racist and scary, let's live in a wall-less world. I'll happily get deported as long as you don't build a wall.

Smooth 02-06-2019 10:20 AM

They don't have to worry. We won't be used as leverage. Democrats will just keep offering clean border SECURITY bills that include funding for tge existing fence, detention beds, and CBP/ICE funding. Like that makes things even better. No wall and legalization but yes to more clean border security bills that throw our community under the bus.

jwxie518 02-06-2019 10:42 AM

And I bet you they will be the first in line to apply gor gc once the trade is signed.

jaylove16 02-06-2019 11:03 AM

DAP used to have some great calling campaigns to Congress back in the day . We need to restart those efforts and let these reps and senators know that these stupid dreamers don’t speak for all of us.