DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   FREE Online Legal Services for DREAM Act Students! (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=23406)

knavila 07-21-2011 03:34 PM

FREE Online Legal Services for DREAM Act Students!

Fellow DREAMers,

I am the Legal Services coordinator for Educators for Fair Consideration (E4FC), a San Francisco-based non-profit that provides direct support and advocacy for immigrant students who do not have legal residency or citizenship.

One of the ways E4FC supports immigrant students is by providing an online Case Analysis Service by offering free individual analyses of their immigration remedies. Clients submit an anonymous and confidential online intake form, which is carefully analyzed by our team of trained immigrant students and experienced immigration attorneys.

Much of the work is done by Dreamers themselves, who are trained by committed and experienced immigration attorneys. Our goal is to raise awareness about E4FC’s legal services so that undocumented students nationwide can gain access to potential legal remedies that may help them correct their legal status. Moreover, we have been working with Dreamactivist and United We Dream to aid students in removal (deportation) proceedings.

This confidential and anonymous service is intended for immigrant students who do not yet have legal residency or citizenship in the United States. Students should be under 35 years old and enrolled, intending to enroll, or graduated college. Our services are not limited to San Francisco, we help students nationwide. If you or someone you know would benefit from our service, you can find and submit an online intake form at www.e4fc.org/legalservices.html

I invite you to also check out our other resources on our website. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Krsna Avila
Legal Services Coordinator
Educators for Fair Consideration
Email: [email protected]
Tel: (510) 229-9095
Mailing Address:
2130 Fillmore #248
San Francisco, CA 94115

Supporting immigrant students in their pursuit of college and citizenship

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/772...ookprofile.jpg

Dres2011 07-21-2011 07:36 PM

Re: FREE Online Legal Services for DREAM Act Students!

Good, should be stickied.

knavila 07-21-2011 11:09 PM

What does stickied mean?

afloo12345 07-21-2011 11:18 PM

gonna use this, thanks.

edit: stickied means that the thread appears at the top of each forum even when no recent posts have been made. (mainly so everyone sees it)

yaystarcraft 07-22-2011 11:47 PM

Does this apply to people who graduated from college?

DA User 07-23-2011 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yaystarcraft (Post 227817)
Does this apply to people who graduated from college?

Good question.

knavila 07-23-2011 11:17 AM

Yes, you qualify! Thanks for the question, I just changed the wording.

obsolete101891 07-23-2011 12:44 PM

So would you guys also help out with the process? Or does your organization only provide info?

knavila 07-25-2011 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by obsolete101891 (Post 227854)
So would you guys also help out with the process? Or does your organization only provide info?

These are all great questions. So far we have been doing analysis and informational help (you can imagine how hard it would be to go through the process with someone who is in another state) but we are moving in that direction. If you are in the bay area, it is a lot easier for us to help you in that process. Of course, if you do qualify for something immediate, we do our best to find you someone who can take you through that process.

I hope that answers your question!

rckmartin100 07-27-2011 12:30 PM

i think its great idea for providing platform for all those students that are interested in immigration. and wants legal services for immigration.