DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Bank Account Canceled Before Check Could Be Charged (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=32311)

KevKvn13 09-30-2012 10:09 PM

Bank Account Canceled Before Check Could Be Charged

Hello, I sent in my DACA application on 9/25 with a check for the $465. The following day my father's credit card information was stolen causing his bank account to be canceled and rendering the check void. Now I am very worried because USCIS will not be able to charge the account to cover the fees because it no longer exists. So my questions are

Will my application be rejected? Should I send a separate money order in the mail? What should I do?

I called USCIS and all they told me is that there is nothing I could do but wait for USCIS to contact me?I still haven't received any letter, text, or email from them. Thanks,

JJ Glo 09-30-2012 10:11 PM

Re: Bank Account Canceled Before Check Could Be Charged

They will either return the whole thing to you, or send you an RFE.

Just wait until they respond.

Forum313 09-30-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevKvn13 (Post 322828)
Hello, I sent in my DACA application on 9/25 with a check for the $465. The following day my father's credit card information was stolen causing his bank account to be canceled and rendering the check void. Now I am very worried because USCIS will not be able to charge the account to cover the fees because it no longer exists. So my questions are

Will my application be rejected? Should I send a separate money order in the mail? What should I do?

I called USCIS and all they told me is that there is nothing I could do but wait for USCIS to contact me?I still haven't received any letter, text, or email from them. Thanks,

It could get rejected. Just make sure you send a money order when you send it back :D

KevKvn13 09-30-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ Glo (Post 322830)
They will either return the whole thing to you, or send you an RFE.

Just wait until they respond.

You think it's too soon to start getting worried?It was just delivered on 9/27

Chyno 09-30-2012 10:14 PM

If his credit card was stolen, couldn't they just cancel the card and not the bank account?

JJ Glo 09-30-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevKvn13 (Post 322833)
You think it's too soon to start getting worried?It was just delivered on 9/27

That means the lockbox still has it. They might send it back from there.

KevKvn13 09-30-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chyno (Post 322835)
If his credit card was stolen, couldn't they just cancel the card and not the bank account?

I'm not sure why he chose to have his whole account to be canceled? All I know is his info. was stolen and people were buying things with his card, the case was referred to some investigation agency and he chose to have charges pressed?

What's done is done, we tried and couldn't get the account back,

FaithDrivesMe 09-30-2012 10:53 PM

The lockbox processes the money and checks that you signed everything. They don't actually review your application. They try 2 or 3 times to cash the check, then they mail back your application for you resubmit it.

ECL23 10-01-2012 01:14 PM

They will try to process it up to 2 other times. If it still can't go through, it goes to collection.

Tovicmar 10-01-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ECL23 (Post 323359)
They will try to process it up to 2 other times. If it still can't go through, it goes to collection.

I think this person is 100% sure about this. ;)