DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   How do you respond to Anti-Dreamer conservatives on social media? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=82992)

JavierHTx 12-06-2018 06:41 PM

How do you respond to Anti-Dreamer conservatives on social media?

In social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter there seems to be a community of extreme MAGA republicans who live and breathe politics. Whenever I search for information regarding updates on DACA or a Dream Act I always notice in the replies how nasty people are towards dreamers. It’s usually racist responses but they contain things like “deport the dreamers”, “they’re criminals” or “send them back”. It didn’t use to bother me at first but with democrats clearly abandoning us yet again they’re starting to get to me.

Conservatives don’t understand that dreamers didn’t have a choice coming to this country and some have been here since babies so the US is the only home they know. Does that not sink in their heads or do they just not care? Would it had made a difference if we looked more like them (white)? I don’t respond though, I don’t have the energy anymore and I will be the minority in that conservation where everyone will jump in to attack me and tell me I’m a criminal.

If I ever become a citizen I will never forget the racism spewed against me by extreme conservatives. I will be respectful to them if they present themselves as a conservative to me but deep down inside I know that I will never be equal to them for being Mexican-American.

Pianoswithoutfaith 12-06-2018 07:02 PM

Re: How do you respond to Anti-Dreamer conservatives on social media?

We have dap dreamers here postings shit like

“END DACA” and you’re surprise by white actual voting racist saying that?

JavierHTx 12-06-2018 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianoswithoutfaith (Post 723012)
We have dap dreamers here postings shit like

“END DACA” and you’re surprise by white actual voting racist saying that?

There’s a difference between wanting to end daca to push democrats to do something and wanting daca recipients deported.

DACA-IR-DA 12-06-2018 07:25 PM

You don’t. Ignore them. You would be wasting your time and energy if you do.

langrydude 12-06-2018 07:32 PM

Obviously, 9 out of 10 of those retards are misguided by Right-Wing media and their own bigotry, so it's better to just avoid them altogether.
But if you must talk to these people, you should really emphasize how much you pay into the system and don't ever expect any sympathy.
Going after their morals and humanity is the worst strategy to talk to anyone. Just state the facts.

- We can't vote.
- We pay taxes and aren't qualified for any federal assistance programs.
- Even a misdemeanor will strip our status and we will be deported as a result of it.
- We can't be legalized. Nor bring anyone to the US for legal status.

If they are still being a dick to you even if you explain this to them, then the conversation is over so just have fun with them.
My salary is pretty high, so I openly share how much I pay in taxes and ask how much they pay in comparison.
It's likely then they'll give you a bull about how we're stealing their jobs, to which I simply explain to them they simply lost in their favorite capitalist open-market. If a company is willing to hire an illegal immigrant over you, a US citizen, then you must really suck at that job.
Remember. Nothing pisses bigots off more than knowing how much better off you are to them.

2Face 12-06-2018 07:33 PM

End daca. Start green cards!!

Pianoswithoutfaith 12-06-2018 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Face (Post 723021)
End daca. Start green cards!!

Why not, Green Cards IMMEDIATELY, End DACA after? Why does DACA have to end when you have no assurance the party that red party supposedly have nothing on their minds to save us?

john_smith 12-07-2018 08:21 AM

You tell them to go fudge themselves

Jsonkim88 12-07-2018 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by langrydude (Post 723019)
Obviously, 9 out of 10 of those retards are misguided by Right-Wing media and their own bigotry, so it's better to just avoid them altogether.
But if you must talk to these people, you should really emphasize how much you pay into the system and don't ever expect any sympathy.
Going after their morals and humanity is the worst strategy to talk to anyone. Just state the facts.

- We can't vote.
- We pay taxes and aren't qualified for any federal assistance programs.
- Even a misdemeanor will strip our status and we will be deported as a result of it.
- We can't be legalized. Nor bring anyone to the US for legal status.

If they are still being a dick to you even if you explain this to them, then the conversation is over so just have fun with them.
My salary is pretty high, so I openly share how much I pay in taxes and ask how much they pay in comparison.
It's likely then they'll give you a bull about how we're stealing their jobs, to which I simply explain to them they simply lost in their favorite capitalist open-market. If a company is willing to hire an illegal immigrant over you, a US citizen, then you must really suck at that job.
Remember. Nothing pisses bigots off more than knowing how much better off you are to them.

Exactly, "It's likely then they'll give you a bull about how we're stealing their jobs, to which I simply explain to them they simply lost in their favorite capitalist open-market. If a company is willing to hire an illegal immigrant over you, a US citizen, then you must really suck at that job." I do the same.

DamLeon123 12-07-2018 03:05 PM

Simple, don't read their shitty comments