DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Rejected. (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=33577)

HouseOfMunchies 10-25-2012 06:04 PM

Rejected.

I got my I-797C Notice of Action today. It said my application would be returned to me.

Let me explain. I was planning on doing this whole fucking thing on my own. However, in mid-August, my rather uninformed mother decided "Oh, no, son! Let a lawyer handle it!" I tried to convince her not to get one since I had no criminal record and knew how to fill everything out. Yet no matter how much I pleaded with her, she decided she wouldn't let me fill it out and paid $300 for the paralegal to do it.

The paralegal mailed my app on October 12. Yet today I get this letter from USCIS letting me know that my application would be returned. Why? From I-797C Notice of Action:

"You must sign your application in the signature block if you are 14 years of age or older. Your parent or guardian may sign their name in the signature block if you are younger than 14. Your signature or a parent's or guardian's signature in the 'Signature of person preparing form, if other than above' block is not a valid signature for this purpose. Please sign and send the application with the correct fees to the address listed on the bottom of this page."

We pay their firm $300 AND the $465 for the USCIS fees, yet they fuck my application up. Now I will have to wait ages for my EAD. Does it mean I have to pay $465 again? Has USCIS cashed the check? Let this be a warning to all of those filing through a law firm: CHECK YOUR SHIT BEFORE THEY SEND IT OUT! Don't make the same mistake I made.

tommydreamer 10-25-2012 06:06 PM

Re: Rejected.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HouseOfMunchies (Post 353032)
I got my I-797C Notice of Action today. It said my application would be returned to me.

Let me explain. I was planning on doing this whole fucking thing on my own. However, in mid-August, my c**t mother decided "Oh, no, son! Let a lawyer handle it!" I tried to convince her not to get one since I had no criminal record and knew how to fill everything out. Yet no matter how much I pleaded with her, she decided she wouldn't let me fill it out and paid $300 for the paralegal to do it.

The paralegal mailed my app on October 12. Yet today I get this letter from USCIS letting me know that my application would be returned. Why? From I-797C Notice of Action:

"You must sign your application in the signature block if you are 14 years of age or older. Your parent or guardian may sign their name in the signature block if you are younger than 14. Your signature or a parent's or guardian's signature in the 'Signature of person preparing form, if other than above' block is not a valid signature for this purpose. Please sign and send the application with the correct fees to the address listed on the bottom of this page."

We pay their firm $300 AND the $465 for the USCIS fees, yet they fuck my application up. Now I will have to wait ages for my EAD. Does it mean I have to pay $465 again? Has USCIS cashed the check? Let this be a warning to all of those filing through a law firm: CHECK YOUR SHIT BEFORE THEY SEND IT OUT! Don't make the same mistake I made.

This happened to people just sign it and return it you don't loose your place inline...

badreligion 10-25-2012 06:07 PM

yeah that's what you get for calling your own mother a cu*t.

DreamBaybeh 10-25-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badreligion (Post 353039)
yeah that's what you get for calling your own mother a cu*t.

For real, she was just doing what she thought was best for you.

In any case, many people on this forum have had this problem, you should have done a search. Your application wasn't completely rejected- just sign the form and send it back, I think they even send you a fare-free envelope, you don't even have to pay postage again.

tf2legend 10-25-2012 06:12 PM

Lol I don't know much about your mother but I believe she was only looking out for your own good. BTW who found that lawyer? Maybe you should call yourself a cunt instead? Or your lawyer? Or both.

bykerdude 10-25-2012 06:13 PM

First of all she is your mom and no mom deservers to be called any sort of names other than *MOM* have some respect ... People like yourself do not deserve any help if you cant even respect the most important person in your life. Second she is only trying to help you out and look after you so that you dont make stupid mistakes. In this case you should of done your homework and found a lawyer who knows what he/she is doing and presented your *MOM* with options.

hop2drim 10-25-2012 06:17 PM

You are not rejected, please remove this thread for others waiting for approval.

sans 10-25-2012 06:17 PM

This is the lawyer's fault, not your mother.

karega 10-25-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hop2drim (Post 353055)
You are not rejected, please remove this thread for others waiting for approval.

He is "rejected." I believe you mean to say that he wasn't "denied." 2 completely different things.

karega 10-25-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sans (Post 353056)
This is the lawyer's fault, not your mother.

Somehow, I don't believe this was a legit lawyer either. I'm guessing notario.