DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   ~~MORTGAGE for DACA Recipients?!! (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=82646)

Jo_Prez 08-15-2018 10:54 AM

~~MORTGAGE for DACA Recipients?!!

Hi I’m sure this had been discussed here before but I’m having a hard time knowing the beginning steps of buying a house being a Dreamer. I live in the CHICAGO suburbs and I want to know if there are lenders that could help me get a house loan with a bank. My credit is excellent and I’ve done so much to be where I am today finally trying to buy my first house. HELP!!! Anyone that could recommend someone? I’ve seen a guy every dreamer talks about online and that’s Ernesto Borunda, has anyone worked with him before? Is he legit?

tx_dreamer 08-15-2018 11:31 AM

Re: ~~MORTGAGE for DACA Recipients?!!

I bought a house in Houston in Nov 2017. I used whichever realtor referenced and had no issue. Funny thing is that I also bought a Acura in March 2017 and they refused to finance the car, so I had to get the loan through bank. Chase refused, Wells Fargo had like 6% interest, and BOA had 5% interest. I also saw that Ernesto Borunda guy, but I'm not sure whether he's legit or not.

juvi 08-15-2018 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tx_dreamer (Post 717118)
I bought a house in Houston in Nov 2017. I used whichever realtor referenced and had no issue. Funny thing is that I also bought a Acura in March 2017 and they refused to finance the car, so I had to get the loan through bank. Chase refused, Wells Fargo had like 6% interest, and BOA had 5% interest. I also saw that Ernesto Borunda guy, but I'm not sure whether he's legit or not.

You didn't try a Credit Union for the car loan? 5 years or so ago I got something similar but went through CU with no issues. Granted interest was like 5.1-5.3% but that was because I didn't really have a credit history. This was in Houston FYI.

tx_dreamer 08-15-2018 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juvi (Post 717154)
You didn't try a Credit Union for the car loan? 5 years or so ago I got something similar but went through CU with no issues. Granted interest was like 5.1-5.3% but that was because I didn't really have a credit history. This was in Houston FYI.

I didn't think I would get denied. I gave that Acura to my bro and bought a Mercedes, and they approved it without any issue. Didn't even ask copy of EAD.

2MoreYears 08-15-2018 06:05 PM

Totally doable! I'm living example of it. I've accumulated ~150k in equity in my California residence. One of the best things I've ever done.

Now I'm looking for a second residence in Orlando, 250k can get you something decent there, eg. 3+ beds 2+ baths, 2010+ built. Nice place to vacay, looking forward for those panhandle beautiful beaches, south Florida, Tampa and more. Orlando is right in the middle of all the action perfect to pick and choose destinations.

Quick hint, don't tell your lender you are DACAer.

Jo_Prez 08-15-2018 08:41 PM

Really? Is this 100 % best way to do it by not telling your lender you’re a DACA recipient? Because I didn’t told them anything but they ended up finding out I was a DACA recipient no matter what

Jo_Prez 08-15-2018 08:44 PM

This lender I’m working with is telling me my interest is going to be like between 5.5 and 5.625%!!! Now I know this is my first time buying a house but I’m not stupid man, that is high!!! Agreed?! My Credit score is like 788! I don’t owe nothing to nobody etc.

TexasDreamy 08-15-2018 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo_Prez (Post 717181)
This lender I’m working with is telling me my interest is going to be like between 5.5 and 5.625%!!! Now I know this is my first time buying a house but I’m not stupid man, that is high!!! Agreed?! My Credit score is like 788! I don’t owe nothing to nobody etc.

With a top of the line credit rating, a 30-year fixed rate mortgage is like 4.8%APR. 5.5% isn't exactly that much worse.

Jo_Prez 08-15-2018 10:51 PM

Do credit unions accept DACA recipients?

Jo_Prez 08-16-2018 09:10 AM

Most likely we can’t I bet