DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   What part of Rubio's proposal DONT you like? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=27024)

danieltij 04-10-2012 04:22 PM

What part of Rubio's proposal DONT you like?

We haven't seen the full bill yet but what do you dislike so far?

Dres2011 04-10-2012 04:53 PM

Re: What part of Rubio's proposal DONT you like?

I dislike everyone that's against this bill.

Kevin1is7lucky 04-10-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danieltij (Post 250395)
We haven't seen the full bill yet but what do you dislike so far?

The fact that it is a visitor's visa. I want to be put in line for citizenship, at the least permanent residency. Not just given a visitor's visa. Even though I'm not opposed to it. I would rather be promised citizenship if I complete my part of the deal and wait the allotted time in line. I want to stay. And it doesn't promise that I will. That is what I don't like. What about you?

Kevin1is7lucky 04-10-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dres2011 (Post 250405)
I dislike everyone that's against this bill.

That wasn't the question. No need to be malignant. Just make a thread about how much you like it problem solved.

MIdreamer 04-10-2012 05:52 PM

As long as the bill covers most of dreamers and legalize us, I will be happy :)

fl_dreamer 04-10-2012 06:30 PM

So far from what is being said - its as fair as it can get especially from a GOP bill.

It is early to tell if we like or dislike the bill as many of the information is not yet been released such as age requirement, travel outside country during the time we wait (which can be many many years). Several of us have family members that cannot re-enter US. It would be unfortunate if this bill does not allow international travel.

JohannBernoulli1667 04-10-2012 06:32 PM

This bill is as fair as it can get, the only thing I do not like is that we would not be able to live abroad for lets say research, work etc... at least I assume this will be the case. Other than that, I think this bill is fair because lets face it, we are illegal, no matter how we became illegal, the world is full of injustice and politics. This is how life is, so people who are against it should really think this through.

DA User 04-10-2012 07:17 PM

So far I like everything but there isn't much. Not clear yet.

DA User 04-10-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin1is7lucky (Post 250406)
The fact that it is a visitor's visa. I want to be put in line for citizenship, at the least permanent residency. Not just given a visitor's visa. Even though I'm not opposed to it. I would rather be promised citizenship if I complete my part of the deal and wait the allotted time in line. I want to stay. And it doesn't promise that I will. That is what I don't like. What about you?

It does not matter what kind of Visa is it. It could be a Visa for Illegals lol and I could careless.

You are in line for USC but the path is much longer.

DA User 04-10-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIdreamer (Post 250411)
As long as the bill covers most of dreamers and legalize us, I will be happy :)

ALL original dreamers should be covered.