DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Taking Action (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   December 5th (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=78952)

NattUhhLee 10-17-2017 08:11 AM

December 5th

For those of you actually interested in physically contributing to passing some type of legislation. I've been hearing chatter from different groups that there will be "actions" such as rallies/marches planned for December 5th. I'm in the DMV area so I'm assuming this will be in DC, not sure if nationwide events yet.
I think the idea is that if by that date nothing has been done in terms of DA, they plan to pressure congress and democrats to use their leverage on the budget.
Will post more info once I have it

Swim19 10-17-2017 08:13 AM

Re: December 5th

Def keep us updated!

fl_dreamer 10-17-2017 10:17 AM

December 5th would be too late considering Dec 8th is do or die!

but yes, keep us posted!

NattUhhLee 10-17-2017 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fl_dreamer (Post 647772)
December 5th would be too late considering Dec 8th is do or die!

but yes, keep us posted!

Well I think this event for December 5th is being planned now to give enough people time to logistically prepare, you know ask off work and such. But yes it's very much so being planned to be like a last minute push to put pressure on Dems to make good on their threats to shutdown govt AND to pressure Repub into accepting the attachment of DA to budget. From what I've been hearing plans are for this to be pretty big on number of people in attendance. I've heard different non-profits booking up charter buses to help transport people from Eastern Shore of MD, Pennsylvania, and Virginia.

Also I know there is a push happening now in Pennsylvania to get Representative Smucker to sign onto discharge petition as 2nd Republican. Hopefully the same is happening all over the country.

fl_dreamer 10-17-2017 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NattUhhLee (Post 647799)
Well I think this event for December 5th is being planned now to give enough people time to logistically prepare, you know ask off work and such. But yes it's very much so being planned to be like a last minute push to put pressure on Dems to make good on their threats to shutdown govt AND to pressure Repub into accepting the attachment of DA to budget. From what I've been hearing plans are for this to be pretty big on number of people in attendance. I've heard different non-profits booking up charter buses to help transport people from Eastern Shore of MD, Pennsylvania, and Virginia.

Also I know there is a push happening now in Pennsylvania to get Representative Smucker to sign onto discharge petition as 2nd Republican. Hopefully the same is happening all over the country.

Nice!! Its do or die people!

ceaguila 10-17-2017 05:04 PM

Good, its our best and last chance.

Swim19 10-25-2017 07:20 PM

There's another National Day of Action on November 9th for those interested.

fl_dreamer 10-26-2017 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swim19 (Post 649097)
There's another National Day of Action on November 9th for those interested.

Isn't that with UWD?

Would much rather not be part of their "clean bill" nonsense.

unthinkable 10-26-2017 02:27 PM

Isn't there a movie reference for this day? "remember remember the 5th of December"?

unthinkable 10-26-2017 02:29 PM

I also don't think that any additional activism is necessary (we want to avoid looking like those idiots who wreaked havoc during Nancy Pelosi's press conference). Phone calls and emails do just fine IMO.