DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   For those in College, or have obtained grad. degrees... (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=32594)

newyorker 10-05-2012 09:27 AM

For those in College, or have obtained grad. degrees...

What is your major/what is your degree in,
and what are your career plans?
I am a premed student majoring in psychology.

Erik1421 10-05-2012 09:39 AM

Re: For those in College, or have obtained grad. degrees...

Accounting, become a CPA for now, then turn into an entrepreneur.

Big_Daddy 10-05-2012 09:41 AM

Computer Science, programming or Computer Security

2Face 10-05-2012 09:54 AM

Accounting grad. Work in Accounting related field. Meanwhile pursuing CPA.

juvi 10-05-2012 10:32 AM

EE, get a job in my field then a few years later go back to school for MBA.

galsen25 10-05-2012 10:42 AM

International Marketing bachelor with a minor in psychology. Get a job or jobs for now and just work and work later own my business hopefully

shdungalia 10-05-2012 11:09 AM

theres a thread for this not long ago, use the search box

IamAman 10-05-2012 11:11 AM

Computer Science and Masters in business. Each time I've dared to think about the future in those fields, my dreams have been crushed so I'd rather not think too much about them right now since I don't qualify for DACA. I'm sure the 25 year old woman with the 3 kids and a GED she just now thought about getting will be of better value to this country than myself.

Passive Aggressiveness aside, I would give myself 2 years to get on my feet after I get a work permit/green card. The first year would be to transition from what I do now since I can't just spit in the face of those who helped me and the other year would be to get settled in to the industry. I have many friends who can help me get my foot in the door and I have a lot of unique skills but the reality is, I will be starting at the bottom in my 40's by the time I get any sort of work permit.

newyorker 10-05-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamAman (Post 330432)
Computer Science and Masters in business. Each time I've dared to think about the future in those fields, my dreams have been crushed so I'd rather not think too much about them right now since I don't qualify for DACA. I'm sure the 25 year old woman with the 3 kids and a GED she just now thought about getting will be of better value to this country than myself.

Passive Aggressiveness aside, I would give myself 2 years to get on my feet after I get a work permit/green card. The first year would be to transition from what I do now since I can't just spit in the face of those who helped me and the other year would be to get settled in to the industry. I have many friends who can help me get my foot in the door and I have a lot of unique skills but the reality is, I will be starting at the bottom in my 40's by the time I get any sort of work permit.

Sorry to hear that. It's unfortunate that US not making use of talented educated individuals.
Why dont you qualify for DACA?

cherryPi 10-05-2012 12:00 PM

Really cool to see other computer science peeps out there too =) I'm currently prepping for interviews, graduated this past June.