DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   can daca people buy a home????/ (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=65980)

Monzon 11-21-2013 09:28 AM

can daca people buy a home????/

My credit score is ok.....do you guys think that i could qualifie to buy a nice house??????????????

chemun 11-21-2013 10:49 AM

Re: can daca people buy a home????/

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monzon (Post 521245)
My credit score is ok.....do you guys think that i could qualifie to buy a nice house??????????????

Yes. Even undocumented people can own houses/businesses. I don't know what is the go about getting that done but I have seen them own it.

Sorrybrah 11-21-2013 11:49 AM

Ofcourse, good luck on securing a loan though. I hope all goes well with you, I am looking to buy a house as well.

sabzon 11-21-2013 01:00 PM

Do you have 20% down and make a minimum of 50K to secure the loan?

Pianoswithoutfaith 11-23-2013 08:17 PM

The majority if people get a USC/PR cosigners for big loans unless you have a nice paying job or something to back you up you will be able to pay

Imagine 11-25-2013 02:31 PM

You can try.

But some of the bank might concern about your immigration status.

There are many things they consider when they giving out a mortgage. Your job history, your pay, your debt ratio, your credit history(not just a score), your assets and everything.

Some banks might require you to pay more down payment to secure the loan.

stars 12-01-2013 08:13 PM

Yes! I just closed on a house in September, co-signer is a citizen though. It was hell. I had to inform the lenders who kept telling me it was not possible. It was an FHA loan, 3.5% down payment.

Approved13 12-02-2013 01:56 AM

Can you inform me more. What state do you live in? What bank financed your loan ect? I have been hesitant about taking a step into buying a house because I feel I will be denied. Thanks for any info!

stars 12-03-2013 07:17 PM

Texas, I went to a broker. They require a good credit score, two years of income, steady employment, they will need a copy of your EAD, bank statements, paycheck stubs, social security card, I even had to provide a copy of my college diploma. Be prepared to provide so many things but don't be hesitant, worse thing you get denied. Get a pre-approval letter first, don't waste your time if you are not pre-approved. Looking for a house is time consuming and you invest money before you even own it so make sure you have a lender before.

CynPerez 02-04-2014 09:09 PM

DACA individuals can buy a home and get a home loan.

I work for a mortgage company in CA and we have already done home loans for Dreamers. You do need good credit, income and assets just like anyone else. Start building your credit asap. Do your taxes with your SSN and save for the down payment. FHA loan with only 3.5% down is available.

If you started building your credit with your ITIN, you can transfer your credit history to your new SSN.