DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Advance parole approval (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=76772)

TexasAg08 05-10-2017 11:02 AM

Advance parole approval

Hi all,

I wanted to share my experience applying for advance parole.

I sent my application on April 7th or 8th, got received notification on 10th and approved on may 5th document produced on 9th.

It was for humanitarian and I didn't put "expedited request" but I did write a letter saying it would be great if they could approve my application as soon as possible.

nothingcompares92 05-10-2017 11:28 AM

Re: Advance parole approval

Congrats! I hope your trip goes smoothly. My case status just changed to document was mailed to me yesterday. Do you have any idea how fast they deliver the documents? I already have the approval letter. I fly this weekend but I don't really wanna change my flight.

taoni10 05-11-2017 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nothingcompares92 (Post 613421)
Congrats! I hope your trip goes smoothly. My case status just changed to document was mailed to me yesterday. Do you have any idea how fast they deliver the documents? I already have the approval letter. I fly this weekend but I don't really wanna change my flight.

Took me 5 days to receive the document. Mail was sent on 5/1 and received on 5/6

D_IN_LI 05-11-2017 11:48 AM

That is FAST! I sent in my app April 21st received my receipt letter april 24th....i expedited the process with a letter with my app, wrote EXPEDITE on the app AND i called to have an agent expedite my app too. Its not May 11th and i havent heard anything :'(

I applied for humanitarian reasons too! I hope its not too late for my approval.

Congrats btw!

Whimsical1212 05-12-2017 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D_IN_LI (Post 613455)
That is FAST! I sent in my app April 21st received my receipt letter april 24th....i expedited the process with a letter with my app, wrote EXPEDITE on the app AND i called to have an agent expedite my app too. Its not May 11th and i havent heard anything :'(

I applied for humanitarian reasons too! I hope its not too late for my approval.

Congrats btw!

I send mine on the FEbreaury 20/2017 I just called yesterday to expedite under humanitarian reasons, and they told me I would get a letter within 5 days did they ask you for more evidence?

TexasAg08 05-15-2017 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whimsical1212 (Post 613585)
I send mine on the FEbreaury 20/2017 I just called yesterday to expedite under humanitarian reasons, and they told me I would get a letter within 5 days did they ask you for more evidence?

No they did not.

I did extensive research and sent more documents than I probably should have.

D_IN_LI 05-16-2017 04:34 PM

I am getting very anxious about my AP application.

I submitted April 21st.
Received April 22nd.
Receipt letter April 24th.
Wrote on my application and explanation letter to EXPEDITE.
Call customer service to EXPEDITE, May 3rd.
Have an InfoPass 05/17/17 at 1145am......

my question is....I have copies of my application and everything I submitted with it...would i be able to get it approved or expedited even more if i go to the infopass and talk to an agent in person?

Any suggestions?

*I can't contact my congressman since he is REP. ugh! FML!

Any ideas would be helpful! I am trying to get this approved before my submitted dates which were Jun9th for a 10 day period under humanitarian reasons.

-My father is very ill and hospitalized have not seen him in 20 yrs and other than his parents who are in their 70s I would be the other next of kin to make decisions since im the only one who can travel with AP.

:'(

bluesky 06-13-2017 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D_IN_LI (Post 613752)
I am getting very anxious about my AP application.

I submitted April 21st.
Received April 22nd.
Receipt letter April 24th.
Wrote on my application and explanation letter to EXPEDITE.
Call customer service to EXPEDITE, May 3rd.
Have an InfoPass 05/17/17 at 1145am......

my question is....I have copies of my application and everything I submitted with it...would i be able to get it approved or expedited even more if i go to the infopass and talk to an agent in person?

Any suggestions?

*I can't contact my congressman since he is REP. ugh! FML!

Any ideas would be helpful! I am trying to get this approved before my submitted dates which were Jun9th for a 10 day period under humanitarian reasons.

-My father is very ill and hospitalized have not seen him in 20 yrs and other than his parents who are in their 70s I would be the other next of kin to make decisions since im the only one who can travel with AP.

:'(

First of all congrats on your AP approval!! (I read on another post that you got approved. Not a stalker, but I did some searching before posting any questions lol)

I was going to ask how long it took to get approved, but I see that they are being approved fairly quick.

And after seeing how so many of you guys are getting approved I want to give it a shot with advance parole. Did you apply with the help of a lawyer? I want to do it on my own, but my family is telling me to just get a lawyer (which I don't mind).

But my main concern is the doctor's letter. Can you describe the content of the doctor's letter you submitted and your letter? It would be such a bummer to get denied or get asked for more evidence. I plan to make an appointment with my lawyer this week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasAg08 (Post 613679)
No they did not.

I did extensive research and sent more documents than I probably should have.

TexasAg08, can you tell us what extra documentation you sent in?

Thanks guys!

D_IN_LI 06-14-2017 12:45 AM

Hey!

Thanks! It is a weight lifted off my shoulders, I am just waiting for the actual document now. Family wanted me to go through a lawyer too BUT I am already planning on doing that for my AOS which is going to cost me an arm and leg and just for AP a lawyer was charging me 2grand.

SO, I decided to do it on my own. Easy peasie. I thought I was going to get an RFE! But thankfully I didn't.

My doctor's not mentioned my father's illness, the severity, how long he has been hospitalized, and the reason why I needed to travel. AND just in case that wasn't good enough of a reason the MD also put on the note that my presence was required. hehe.

Very grateful and hope this helps you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluesky (Post 615257)
First of all congrats on your AP approval!! (I read on another post that you got approved. Not a stalker, but I did some searching before posting any questions lol)

I was going to ask how long it took to get approved, but I see that they are being approved fairly quick.

And after seeing how so many of you guys are getting approved I want to give it a shot with advance parole. Did you apply with the help of a lawyer? I want to do it on my own, but my family is telling me to just get a lawyer (which I don't mind).

But my main concern is the doctor's letter. Can you describe the content of the doctor's letter you submitted and your letter? It would be such a bummer to get denied or get asked for more evidence. I plan to make an appointment with my lawyer this week.

Thanks guys!

TexasAg08 07-05-2017 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluesky (Post 615257)

Thanks guys!

I apologize for the late reply but I didn't get an email notification and didn't check back on the forum due to trip back to Korea and being busy at work.

So when I requested a medical document through Seoul National University Hospital, they just gave me a document that had a list medical history of my grandmother. She is diabetic, had liver transplant surgery earlier this year and is on the heart transplant list. (I think that single page paper was enough for USCIS) Fortunately, Seoul National University Hospital provides the medical document in English so I didn't have to translate them myself.

Extra documentation: My Taxes for 2014, 2015 and 2016 (I thought it shows them how much I'm contributing), Resume, copy of Bachelor's and Master's degree, Professional Engineer License, High School Diploma, and couple of other documents that I cannot recall at the moment.

If you are willing to read the instruction and pay attention to details, you can prepare and submit the forms yourself with ease.