DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   For those that applied for Advance Parolw, how long was your processing time? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=73846)

JavierHTx 07-11-2016 06:51 PM

For those that applied for Advance Parolw, how long was your processing time?

First of all, hello everyone, I've been reading this forum for a while now and decided to finally sign up. I've had DACA for 4 years and and barely last month I found out out Advance Parole. I was actually reading abunch of experiences a few posters had here and that's why I went a got a lawyer to help me with the process last month.

This whole process has made so impatient and I'm nervous I'll get declined but I'm holding on to hope. I applied through humanitarian reasons like most people I have a grandfather who is getting older and I haven't seen in 11 years, not to mention I haven't been to Mexico since 1998 (I'm 24 now).

Anyways, my application was received on June 20th and got the receipt by mail on June 24th. The lawyer told me it takes 3 months but I'm just curious how long did it take everyone to get their letter that they got accepted.

onedream16 07-11-2016 08:13 PM

Re: For those that applied for Advance Parolw, how long was your processing time?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JavierHTx (Post 571083)
First of all, hello everyone, I've been reading this forum for a while now and decided to finally sign up. I've had DACA for 4 years and and barely last month I found out out Advance Parole. I was actually reading abunch of experiences a few posters had here and that's why I went a got a lawyer to help me with the process last month.

This whole process has made so impatient and I'm nervous I'll get declined but I'm holding on to hope. I applied through humanitarian reasons like most people I have a grandfather who is getting older and I haven't seen in 11 years, not to mention I haven't been to Mexico since 1998 (I'm 24 now).

Anyways, my application was received on June 20th and got the receipt by mail on June 24th. The lawyer told me it takes 3 months but I'm just curious how long did it take everyone to get their letter that they got accepted.

For me, it took about 1.5 months to get approved. I applied with other dreamers to study abroad in Mexico. It might have also helped that we had letters from Congressmen, Hermandad Mexicana, and professors. Best of luck!

carlitosediel 07-12-2016 05:04 PM

Re: For those that applied for Advance Parolw, how long was your processing time?

It took me almost 3 months, but mine was delay because i forgot to include my birth certificate.
Here's my time line:
04/13/2016 Application was received.
06/08/2016 Request for additional evidence (birth certificate).
06/27/2016 received response to Request for Evidence.
06/30/2016 Approved.

Good luck

redqueen2012 07-12-2016 05:56 PM

I applied twice for myself and twice for my sister.
In all four cases, our APs were approved within 1 1/2, with the fastest one being approved in three weeks.

intothemystic 07-12-2016 09:18 PM

I want to delete this account and it's weird that there is no option to do so.

lulie0222 07-13-2016 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JavierHTx (Post 571083)

We have the same timeline, I hope I get an answer soon, I put expedite and I asked for my days off at work for july 29th to august 4th..crossing fingers I hear something soon...

free2bme 07-14-2016 05:08 PM

I applied on June 13th and was received June 16th. On July 5th my documents were mailed and I received them July 11th. It was about three weeks to be approved. I did however send a letter explaining that I could only travel during the specified dates due to my work. I submitted a letter from my employer stating that I needed to be back to work by August 23.

I also helped my sister complete her application. She sent her packet exactly a week after I did and it was received June 23rd. Her application is still being reviewed. She however did not send any documentation to have her application expidated.

We were planning to go to Mexico together but if she doesn't get approved by next week I will have to buy my ticket and go by myself

JavierHTx 07-14-2016 05:43 PM

Thanks everyone, your stories are helpful. I guess only the people who submit to be expedited get their approval in 3 weeks. I'm deff in no hurry but I just wanna know if I was approved or not.

Chyno 07-15-2016 12:52 PM

Sent it in December and got it before February.

This was with the fast process (expedited process).

ralpizar23 07-15-2016 04:59 PM

Hello,

My lawyer mailed out my AP I131 application on May 16, 2016. I got my receipt from USCIS on May 19, 2016. Just yesterday on 7/14/2016 I received a text and email alert that my application was approved and my approval notice will be mailed out. My application was processed in the Nebraska center.
Now to wait for my document to arrive since I am eager to travel to Mexico.
Anyone know how long it can take to receive in mail?