DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Don't forget to register young dreamers without daca. (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=80528)

dreamcast0819 01-29-2018 09:43 PM

Re: Don't forget to register young dreamers without daca.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardozo (Post 683494)
May I ask what you told them? I'm going to have to call them as well since I also didn't know we had to register.

I called and mentioned that I did not know about signing up for selective services. Like Carpenter said, they ask for few information like name, ssn, dob, current status and entry date etc. She said that she will send me a letter in next few days and that was it.

cardozo 01-30-2018 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamcast0819 (Post 683510)
I called and mentioned that I did not know about signing up for selective services. Like Carpenter said, they ask for few information like name, ssn, dob, current status and entry date etc. She said that she will send me a letter in next few days and that was it.

Thanks. I just got off the phone with them and will be receiving the letter next week or two. I asked what would the letter say and basically its just confirming that I wasn’t registered for SS. I was expecting a letter basically giving me a sort of pardon for it, but she did say I was to provide documents/written letter explaining why I never registered along with this letter I will be receiving and it’s up to them to accept my reason.

Carpenter86 01-30-2018 05:28 PM

For other immigration reasons, like applying for citizenship, what they usually ask is for this letter, and an affidavit stating why you failed to registered, you basically have to explain why you missed it, in our case, we did unwilling it. They also said it's good to have letters from people, preferably a priest or a teacher, vouching for your good character and stuff.

Untimely it will be the USCIS decision, but I believe we should be fine.

Pianoswithoutfaith 02-02-2018 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carpenter86 (Post 683843)
For other immigration reasons, like applying for citizenship, what they usually ask is for this letter, and an affidavit stating why you failed to registered, you basically have to explain why you missed it, in our case, we did unwilling it. They also said it's good to have letters from people, preferably a priest or a teacher, vouching for your good character and stuff.

Untimely it will be the USCIS decision, but I believe we should be fine.

If you are adjusting to citizenship before 5 years after turning 26 then yes all of this will matter but after 5 years? you don't need them

Resistant 02-12-2018 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardozo (Post 683712)
Thanks. I just got off the phone with them and will be receiving the letter next week or two. I asked what would the letter say and basically its just confirming that I wasn’t registered for SS. I was expecting a letter basically giving me a sort of pardon for it, but she did say I was to provide documents/written letter explaining why I never registered along with this letter I will be receiving and it’s up to them to accept my reason.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamcast0819 (Post 683510)

Did you guys get the letter from Selective Services?

dreamcast0819 02-12-2018 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Resistant (Post 688736)
Did you guys get the letter from Selective Services?

I haven't received mine yet, I was wondering if Cardozo got one. Did you happen to request it recently?

Resistant 02-12-2018 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamcast0819 (Post 688835)
I haven't received mine yet, I was wondering if Cardozo got one. Did you happen to request it recently?

I will but want to wait till you guys receive one first. Plus, I want to get mines before they get flooded with request from others who did not apply once some relief passes—if anything passes.

cardozo 02-13-2018 10:28 PM

I checked my mail today and I have not received the letter yet.

Dukem88 02-13-2018 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeansDreamtoo21 (Post 680838)
All of the bills coming out requires you to be registered in the military selective service if you are a male. It falls under good moral.

Since you probably don't have a ssn go to your local postal service center and ask for a selective service form.

It might take 3 months for you to get the proof of registration in your mail.

says who? dafuk u spreading these false information for? and why arent mods locking these type of threads?

this guy is basically telling none DACA holders to go hand out their info to the government.. dafuk mods?

BeansDreamtoo21 02-13-2018 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dukem88 (Post 689584)
says who? dafuk u spreading these false information for? and why arent mods locking these type of threads?

this guy is basically telling none DACA holders to go hand out their info to the government.. dafuk mods?

Well It was for non daca because I thought that if you had daca you were supposed to be already in the system. And wtf are you talking about