DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Im quitting my good paying job cus its getting hot (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=19579)

Ethoswithme 01-03-2011 05:36 PM

Im quitting my good paying job cus its getting hot

Hey guys so i work in a firm that pays well. They dont know about my status. Recently I got stopped and got my car taken for 30 days, i have it back now but i need to get my WA license so i need to take 2 weeks off to go there.

my job has been sending me to San diego to help clients. I ussually dont drive. my boss does. sometimes we pass by the san clemente checkpoint and i get nervous but so far its been closed everytime. they also been asking me to get licensed to become a sales guy. The point is the pressure is on. Im running out of excuses. They think the reason i didnt have a car in the past month was because some stupid excuse i made up. i keep having to lie. Im tired of it.

Now i dont know what to do. I want to stay cus i know i wont be able to find a job like it. At the same time its too risky going to san diego.

MIdreamer 01-03-2011 05:42 PM

Re: Im quitting my good paying job cus its getting hot

Before you quit, tell your boss about your situation and see if he still want to hire you. If you are a good worker, they may want to keep you. Of cuz you want to make sure you can trust him with your status.

Ethoswithme 01-03-2011 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIdreamer (Post 204520)
Before you quit, tell your boss about your situation and see if he still want to hire you. If you are a good worker, they may want to keep you. Of cuz you want to make sure you can trust him with your status.

yeah i thought about that but he is very conservative republican, businessman type. "hes a law abiding citizen" does everything by the book. So i dont think its possible. Besides if he finds out and doesnt want to hire me it will affect my references, when i look for another job.

Diplok 01-03-2011 07:29 PM

Do not tell your boss. Make up any story you want and get yourself in WA to get your license.

theboys2010 01-03-2011 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIdreamer (Post 204520)

Exactly tell the truth and if you worked hard for them then the company can sponsor you which is a hell of lot more easy process.

Romero 01-04-2011 12:08 AM

Why not start your own firm? If you havent already try to learn the ins and outs of your companies business and later branch out and start your own. You might need a usc partner though.

cooltalker 01-04-2011 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ethoswithme (Post 204528)
I dont think its possible. Besides if he finds out and doesnt want to hire me it will affect my references, when i look for another job.

Yup, telling him the truth is risky. If all goes well, you will get sponsored, or it will screw your future references.

If you get a license, will he check it? How will you explain him that you have a recently issued WA license although you have been living in another state? You'll have explaining to do.

Either way, how did you get the job? Do you have a SSN?

BaTWING_2000 01-04-2011 12:41 PM

don't quit. don't tells your boss. No matter how much he likes you. He will have to let you go because nobody here is going to risk their own and their company's well being for somebody else. Stay quiet, you got nothing to loose now and you just will loose everything if you step forward and be honest. Just take it day by day, and don't worry about "doing the right thing" you have something for as long as it lasts, why give it up prematurely." Just create another excuse and stay away from that checkpoint you're talking about.

theboys2010 01-04-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaTWING_2000 (Post 204620)
don't quit. don't tells your boss. No matter how much he likes you. He will have to let you go because nobody here is going to risk their own and their company's well being for somebody else. Stay quiet, you got nothing to loose now and you just will loose everything if you step forward and be honest. Just take it day by day, and don't worry about "doing the right thing" you have something for as long as it lasts, why give it up prematurely." Just create another excuse and stay away from that checkpoint you're talking about.

Honesty and integrity will get you where you want to go the minute you start lying and back tracking with more lies everyone will cost you your integrity within the company. I do not get why you would tell someone to lie that is exactly what pisses people off in general if you do a good job and have worked hard almost all people are compassionate enough to find a way to help you. You start lying and putting other people at risk because of your lies you have screwed yourself for good it will follow you around were ever you go.

BaTWING_2000 01-04-2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theboys2010 (Post 204622)
Honesty and integrity will get you where you want to go the minute you start lying and back tracking with more lies everyone will cost you your integrity within the company. I do not get why you would tell someone to lie that is exactly what pisses people off in general if you do a good job and have worked hard almost all people are compassionate enough to find a way to help you. You start lying and putting other people at risk because of your lies you have screwed yourself for good it will follow you around were ever you go.

Sorry looks to me like you are still very naive in this world. look at this example right in front of us. He is honest, he will end up with nothing. He comes up with a small harmless lie to get through that day and probably able to come back the next day.

Another example, Dream act right here end last year. Republicans lied about voting for it and got what they wanted. Now the liars have everything, the honest people with integrity got nothing.

I'm not saying to stab people in the back left and right every chance you get but in this case. I'd say yes come up with a couple white lies to play it smart and hold on to what you have. Voluntarily giving up this good thing you might have is just stupid.
"Better to ask for forgiveness then to ask for permission!!!"
You are getting lied to also.

About the passionate thing. His boss might be the most passionate person in this world but his hands will be tied!!!! It is not him, it is the laws in place at this time. Unfortunately you have to learn to stop looking at many things in this personal way. People are people, good, bad.. doesn't matter. You have to think about yourself first and if the relationship between him and his boss is really as sincere as he writes, his boss will still be understanding and no harm is done. A simple parting of ways until everything is taken care of but why do it now while him AND his boss are both still benefiting from it all how it currently is...??