DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Who went back? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=66663)

MAEZX 02-04-2014 07:45 AM

Who went back?

Is there any people on here that went back to their home country ? I remember a few people who went back to Mexico and Korea.

Pianoswithoutfaith 02-04-2014 05:00 PM

Re: Who went back?

A lot have been all talk and no action.

MAEZX 02-06-2014 06:09 AM

I know there was a guy on here who went back to Mexico a few months before DACA got announced . I think his name was eddy.
I was considering going back to Mexico and applying for a student visa to go to Chile. I had it all planned out.

Morrow 02-06-2014 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianoswithoutfaith (Post 524706)
A lot have been all talk and no action.

Ditto. Still haven't rule it out yet. It's a fucking hard decision.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAEZX (Post 524803)
I know there was a guy on here who went back to Mexico a few months before DACA got announced . I think his name was eddy.
I was considering going back to Mexico and applying for a student visa to go to Chile. I had it all planned out.

Also considering of going back to China.

Kawi-ZX6R 02-07-2014 12:06 AM

To me its not a hard decision anymore. If my mom goes back, I will too. I had a blast over there and felt right at home. I'm buying a house over there soon.

MAEZX 02-08-2014 01:20 AM

My father's family are part of the middle class down there.
My parents have a house and a few heads of cattle.
What where doing up here is just plain weird when I think about it!

Kawi-ZX6R 02-08-2014 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAEZX (Post 524903)
My father's family are part of the middle class down there.
My parents have a house and a few heads of cattle.
What where doing up here is just plain weird when I think about it!

Yeah coming over here while having money and good house over there is beyond me.

Morrow 02-08-2014 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kawi-ZX6R (Post 524922)
Yeah coming over here while having money and good house over there is beyond me.

I have a friend who came from Bangladesh, also illegal, also a dreamer. I was talking to her about going back and she mentioned that her family have property in the capital and that they have servants... many rich relatives (not distinct but direct uncles and cousins). I asked her why they even come here for as it sounds shes much better off than my family.

She answered: education.

Kawi-ZX6R 02-08-2014 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morrow (Post 524929)
I have a friend who came from Bangladesh, also illegal, also a dreamer. I was talking to her about going back and she mentioned that her family have property in the capital and that they have servants... many rich relatives (not distinct but direct uncles and cousins). I asked her why they even come here for as it sounds shes much better off than my family.

She answered: education.

Mexico have some decent universities. I want to study over there but I feel like spanish is going to tear me up. I was impressed by the amount of stores on the cities over there and how cheap services are. My cousins are almost doing as good if not better over there in Mexico. But they work their asses off to have what they have. M

Fer48 02-11-2014 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kawi-ZX6R (Post 524930)
Mexico have some decent universities. I want to study over there but I feel like spanish is going to tear me up. I was impressed by the amount of stores on the cities over there and how cheap services are. My cousins are almost doing as good if not better over there in Mexico. But they work their asses off to have what they have. M

I used to worry about this too. I took a job filing taxes this year for a firm with a huge Hispanic demographic. I thought my spanish was terrible and then I started talking to people every day in spanish... I'm telling you, if you remember at least the basics of spanish and can understand it. You will not have trouble picking it back up. I used to fear getting deported. Thinking that I would be lost with nothing to do. How much trouble I would have re-learning the language. You have to think though, its not like you're learning the language from scratch. We have the basics down. Now, I'm not even worried. They can send me back for all I care and I will go over there, meet up with some family, and get myself a damn good job, I will go to school, and come back here years later and show the US that I didnt need it to be successful.

Anyhow, once you surround yourself (forcibly if you get deported lol). I wouldnt worry about it too much. Give it a month or two and you'll be blended in completely.