DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   New Members (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Hi. This is my story. (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=12989)

letspassthis 10-24-2009 02:28 PM

Hi. This is my story.
 
So to keep it short:

My family and I came here 11 years ago. Our paperwork was handled by disloyal lawyers. And so here we are. Working hard but still living. I thank God everyday for that. Let's get this passed together :D

Vision 10-24-2009 03:53 PM

Re: Hi. This is my story.
 
Welcome to DAP. :)

We both have something in common.

I came here like 12-13 years ago, and my family too were duped by lawyers like you. They promised as if it everything would work with them but found out some of them were not even an immigration lawyers. Sure they talk so confident but in reality they have no interest in you. Anyway I don't wanna go into that long story of mine here cuz it just makes me angrier. I was a kid back then. How would I have been able to search for trustworthy lawyer? And later when I grew up, I found out I overstayed and we even appealed USCIS and nothing worked.

We changed several lawyers even after, and guess what?! We can't find a trustworthy lawyer, really. Once they get your hard worked money, then they usually have this attitude, "kkthxbyebye". Never a return call after.

I am sure there are some really honest lawyer who do their jobs and don't ask for exaggerated fee to people who make like under minimum wage without benefits. But how many do you think there are? They really exploit us this way and we can't really even sue them in fear of getting our status caught.

After spending thousands and thousands of dollars to lawyers who neighter give good solutions to our problems nor try to do the case for us, our last resort became DA. Seriously we met several lawyers, and they all give different answers. We do not know who to trust.

fbgamer 10-24-2009 06:49 PM

Re: Hi. This is my story.
 
I came here about 19 years ago. I'm 20 right now, and I'm still waiting. I had my petition approved in July of this year. So I'll see what happens...

I have no expectations because I've only been disappointed in the past, and it seems like nothing will change.....

prettyjolie 10-25-2009 12:11 AM

Re: Hi. This is my story.
 
Unfortunately, I think most of us have had a bad experience with a dishonest lawyer. Anyway, welcome to DAP! =)

PS- I think this might be the shortest new member story ever posted!

milliondreams 10-27-2009 12:01 PM

Re: Hi. This is my story.
 
yup.. my lawyer didnt appeal our visa properly..thats why im here.

jello 10-28-2009 11:43 PM

Re: Hi. This is my story.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by letspassthis (Post 144625)
So to keep it short:

My family and I came here 11 years ago. Our paperwork was handled by disloyal lawyers. And so here we are. Working hard but still living. I thank God everyday for that. Let's get this passed together :D


:D:D Thats the way to go bro


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.