DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Got Denied at SSA after getting EAD card :( (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=33262)

DACA_Billionaire2be 10-19-2012 01:22 PM

Got Denied at SSA after getting EAD card :(
 
So I received my EAD card yesterday afternoon. I then went online and filled out the SS-5 form and double checked that the SSA accepts original birth certificates. So this morning I left with the following:

EAD Card
Original Birth Certificate
Expired Passport(only if they needed more id)
Out of state expired ID (same as above)

When I got there I gave them only the first two things on the list; since they were unexpired and valid according to the SS-5 instructions..... But then they asked, "do you have a valid state issued ID/License?"
And I'm like, "No because they require a social, which is why I'm here"

So the person left to talk to their supervisor then came back and said,
"We'll have to give you a denial letter because we need two forms of ID"
then I countered with "What about my birth certificate, I read online that all SSAs accept original Birth Certificates?" she then said "your type of birth certificate isn't in our database"
So I'm like, "Ok, I also have a passport and valid school ID" she then responded with, "Sorry sir you need two VALID government issued IDs"

As she says this I'm thinking to myself, "fuck... The DMV is probably going to give me shit about this"

All in all, I'll try my luck at The DMV with my EAD and this denial letter on Monday, and see if I can get through... the worst case scenario is that I'll have to renew my passport, which will take forev
-_-

ari88 10-19-2012 01:23 PM

Re: Got Denied at SSA after getting EAD card :(
 
Weird! Go to a different office!

DreamBaybeh 10-19-2012 01:26 PM

Re: Got Denied at SSA after getting EAD card :(
 
Go to a different office or try the same office at a different time- you might get a nicer person willing to work with what you brought.

Ianus 10-19-2012 01:30 PM

Re: Got Denied at SSA after getting EAD card :(
 
I think what you should do is go to a different full service SSA office if possible and try again.

DACA_Billionaire2be 10-19-2012 01:30 PM

Re: Got Denied at SSA after getting EAD card :(
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ari88 (Post 345896)
Weird! Go to a different office!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamBaybeh (Post 345900)
Go to a different office or try the same office at a different time- you might get a nicer person willing to work with what you brought.

Yeah I'm considering that now; unfortunately the next closest one to me isn't accessible by public transportation so now I'll have to scrape together some funds so I can use a taxi to and fro

leo18 10-19-2012 01:30 PM

Re: Got Denied at SSA after getting EAD card :(
 
Dude no way! How could they do that? You should have printed the SS flyer for Deferred Action people and showed it to her face. How do they expect you to get a government-issued ID if they require a SSN? Stuff like this pisses me off. Good luck to you in another office, my friend!

JJ Glo 10-19-2012 01:33 PM

Re: Got Denied at SSA after getting EAD card :(
 
What country are you from?

Your passport and birth certificate should have been enough.

DACA_Billionaire2be 10-19-2012 01:35 PM

Re: Got Denied at SSA after getting EAD card :(
 
I'm from [Redacted since I'm paranoid]

dude33 10-19-2012 01:38 PM

Re: Got Denied at SSA after getting EAD card :(
 
dude try another ss office that person and the supervisor is obviously a moron ...

Kawi-ZX6R 10-19-2012 01:38 PM

Re: Got Denied at SSA after getting EAD card :(
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ Glo (Post 345912)
What country are you from?

Your passport and birth certificate should have been enough.

Nice avatar jjglo


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.