DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Am I missing something? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=34917)

oneday123 11-23-2012 12:35 PM

Am I missing something?
 
I just want to double check that I've received everything because I have been having problems with USCIS not being able to deliver my stuff. I have received my DACA approval , and shortly after I received a letter stating I've been approved to work , am I also supposed to receive a card with my picture on it? I checked my case status online and it said that my card was returned as undeliverable, which is weird because I have already corrected my address twice.

So basicly what am I supposed to receive in the mail? Would I be turned down from getting my SSN if all I take is my birth certificate DACA and EAD letters?

dreamerperson 11-23-2012 01:15 PM

Re: Am I missing something?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by oneday123 (Post 379201)
I just want to double check that I've received everything because I have been having problems with USCIS not being able to deliver my stuff. I have received my DACA approval , and shortly after I received a letter stating I've been approved to work , am I also supposed to receive a card with my picture on it? I checked my case status online and it said that my card was returned as undeliverable, which is weird because I have already corrected my address twice.

So basicly what am I supposed to receive in the mail? Would I be turned down from getting my SSN if all I take is my birth certificate DACA and EAD letters?

EDIT you can receive all of them separately; however I'd still contact USCIS since there is an issue delivering the actual card, which you need.

Contact 1-800-375-5283 (the USCIS customer service hotline) or make an e-request to see what's up.

You will most likely need the EAD at the SSO as it says here: http://ssa.gov/pubs/deferred_action.pdf

Dream becomes Reality 11-23-2012 01:22 PM

Re: Am I missing something?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamerperson (Post 379230)
That letter saying you've been approved to work should have included your EAD card. Contact 1-800-375-5283 (the USCIS customer service hotline) or make an e-request to see what's up.

You will most likely need the EAD at the SSO as it says here: http://ssa.gov/pubs/deferred_action.pdf

That is incorrect, when I was approved I received 2 separate approval letters, one was for DACA, and one was for the I-765. Shortly after, I received another Priority Mail letter that contained my EAD card, making it 3 letters in total.

@Oneday123: When I applied for my SSN I had to bring my actual EAD card and passport (a birth certificate can be substituted for a passport). Perhaps you can contact USCIS to redeliver your EAD card, it'll take about 2-3 days to be delivered to you. I wish you all the best!

dreamerperson 11-23-2012 01:33 PM

Re: Am I missing something?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by oneday123 (Post 379201)
I just want to double check that I've received everything because I have been having problems with USCIS not being able to deliver my stuff. I have received my DACA approval , and shortly after I received a letter stating I've been approved to work , am I also supposed to receive a card with my picture on it? I checked my case status online and it said that my card was returned as undeliverable, which is weird because I have already corrected my address twice.

So basicly what am I supposed to receive in the mail? Would I be turned down from getting my SSN if all I take is my birth certificate DACA and EAD letters?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dream becomes Reality (Post 379235)
That is incorrect, when I was approved I received 2 separate approval letters, one was for DACA, and one was for the I-765. Shortly after, I received another Priority Mail letter that contained my EAD card, making it 3 letters in total.

@Oneday123: When I applied for my SSN I had to bring my actual EAD card and passport (a birth certificate can be substituted for a passport). Perhaps you can contact USCIS to redeliver your EAD card, it'll take about 2-3 days to be delivered to you. I wish you all the best!

D'oh, I didn't know that could be the case. I assumed all if not most received the card in the same mail as the approval for i765. Thanks for the correction. I'll update my post. :)

Dream becomes Reality 11-23-2012 01:51 PM

Re: Am I missing something?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamerperson (Post 379243)
D'oh, I didn't know that could be the case. I assumed all if not most received the card in the same mail as the approval for i765. Thanks for the correction. I'll update my post. :)

No problem, I thought the same thing too until I physically saw 3 letters, it's all good!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.