DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Applying for new job! Important info! (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=45374)

raf21212 04-19-2013 05:08 PM

Applying for new job! Important info!
 
Hi,

HERE IS SOME IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING NEW JOBS. When applying for a NEW job with your new documents make sure you find out if there will be a background check involved. If so, make sure you do not pass on any reference of any jobs you have had with any other documents or OTHER social security numbers that do not match. This will get checked. They will ask the previous employers to verify ss# on file when conducting a background check for a pre employment.


GOOD LUCK

lc4l 04-19-2013 05:15 PM

Re: Applying for new job! Important info!
 
nvm...

lok0605 04-21-2013 04:41 PM

Re: Applying for new job! Important info!
 
No they don't background. Checks are to see if you have criminal history,quit feeding lies

mnrunner 04-21-2013 04:59 PM

Re: Applying for new job! Important info!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lok0605 (Post 464078)
No they don't background. Checks are to see if you have criminal history,quit feeding lies

Corporate background checks include much more than criminal history. They DO include previous jobs you've had and they will take the the time to verify them.

Chyno 04-21-2013 05:57 PM

Re: Applying for new job! Important info!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by raf21212 (Post 463221)
Hi,

HERE IS SOME IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING NEW JOBS. When applying for a NEW job with your new documents make sure you find out if there will be a background check involved. If so, make sure you do not pass on any reference of any jobs you have had with any other documents or OTHER social security numbers that do not match. This will get checked. They will ask the previous employers to verify ss# on file when conducting a background check for a pre employment.


GOOD LUCK

I don't know where you are getting this information from, but here are my 2 cents regarding my background check.

The background check company called my job references and confirmed that I worked there and what I put in my resume about the job. One of my references screwed me over and did not wanted to say I worked there because I worked under the table. So please double check that the person you putting under the reference is willing to testify. They did not ask for social security number to the references because I never gave one out. Second, make sure you do your drug test in time. They will give you 48 hours to take the drug test since the offer.

IMPORTANT
I called the background check company and the lady told me that they were not able to verify my social security number. I received it on October and they checked it last week. I asked if there is anything I can do about it but they said my case was closed, and to talk to the recruiter. I called the HR person and since she knew about my status, she told me to send her a copy of my social security card and she will forward it to the person that deals with the background check.

As of now, I do not know if I pass the background check, I do not know if my offer will be terminated like my previous internship offer. I am just waiting to see the results.

Remember to keep all this in mind, and the company I am applying to is Verizon Wireless not selling phones but engineering internship.

LadyB 05-09-2013 07:33 AM

Re: Applying for new job! Important info!
 
I think that's what happened to me, they had a job fair for a company I got hired right away I filled in everything but this company does an extended background check and checks the jobs you listed as previous employers, I haven't changed my social at my job because I'm looking for another job so I can quit but I'm pretty sure my employer background check didnt pass

spartanwarrior 05-09-2013 08:36 AM

Re: Applying for new job! Important info!
 
I didn't want to mention my previous job and that's what sucks because that's the only proof of previous work i had.

raf21212 05-03-2015 05:09 PM

Re: Applying for new job! Important info!
 
Some clarification. They will not disclose your social security number but will ask to confirm last 4 numbers and the previous employer will say if they match what they have in the system or not.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.