Thanks for the welcome. And to make things clear, I'm a girl. lol. no more of this 'he' talk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ways
welcome 
so if u r marry to a USC why don't u fix ur status ? N if you are on deportation wouldn't u b able to apply for a work permit on this new policy
|
I'm pretty sure the new policy does not affect my case, unfortunately.
As far as being married to a USC, it can fix my status, but it's a much larger and tedious process, because I have to go to court and attempt to get my parent's old case closed (which the deportation order comes from). I need a really good lawyer to take the case and it'll turn out to be very costly. I plan on going through all this hopefully early next year.
I personally know of two women who had the same exact case as me, deportation from their parent's denied asylum case. They both now have GC, but it took them almost 2 years to go through the whole thing, from getting the case closed to filing for GC through marriage.
>>> I still haven't gotten any replies to whether anyone has been able to fly domestic without issues with their WA DL. Or of anyone with deportation order or any deportation status flying with valid passport.