View Single Post
#9
10-07-2011, 12:09 PM
Senior Member
From Connecticut
Joined in Mar 2009
8,670 posts
2Face
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
Depends on what you mean.Eligibility for DV lottery is simply based on country of citizenship and meeting educational and security requirements to be eligible if they have chosen you.

The issue here is really a matter of jurisdiction depending on the individual and where they currently reside.Since Dreamers are in the US without status and are subject to Federal regulations on immigration there is practically no choice but to be Grandfathered under 245i for a possible successful adjustment interview.
Yes, I regret my parents not preparing for that 245i. Actually during that time, their employer wasn't the type who would've sponsored us in filing the labor certification I believe its called. My country is on the eligible list. Even if I win and leave this country, I'd be hit with the 10 year freakin ban so there's no point...oh mannnnnnnnnnn arghhhhhhh can't find a damn girl either
Post your reply or quote more messages.