Quote:
Originally Posted by Yume
There are different levels of undocumented I suppose, the ones who came legally and just fell out of status and the ones like myself who never had any status to begin with.
My family came through a coyote , it was just my mom and us, my father left way eariler because he almost died being a cop and wanted to try something new. The details are a little blurry, as I was only two and no one really wants to talk about it. For the most part, I didn't know about my status until maybe 16 when I couldn't do what other kids my age where doing like get a drivers permit. No one knew I was undocumented because I am a tall fair Mexican who speaks perfect English. My gf, now wife didn't even know. It's hard. I remember when my dad bought me a fake ss. I didn't want to do it. But I needed a job to survive. Even now I am ashamed but at the same time Americans do not know the struggles, and they don't care. They think you have to sign some paperwork and get in an imaginary visa line and Bam your legal. It's not that easy.
Loved the video.
|
This is why we must educate the public.
__________________
Year arrived and age at time of arrival: 1989, 8
Education level: Two Master's (Econ and Math); Can't afford a PhD.
DACA: I was too old by 5 days.
Expanded Daca: I should be good now.
Bitter? Optimistic