View Single Post
03-05-2016, 06:02 PM
Joined in Apr 2013
1,014 posts
TexanJose
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeomax View Post
It is ironic you mention this. I was living my life without a worry until I received the letter to renew my EAD. Then it hit me that my life is only secured every 2 years. But hey, it is way better than being in the shadows.
I recently found a better paying job (I don't know about most of you, but it has been exasperating submitting apps, having years of experience in your field, a degree having graduated cum laude, and yet, and have not luck getting hired...) and I start next week, and it's been stressing to think that if my permit isn't renewed by mid-April, I won't have that job anymore...Not only can you not plan anything, but anything you plan has an 'expiration date' attached to it.

I'm usually someone who's very positive, but I am tired of the 'DACA is better than nothing', because, in the end, it's just fuel to our hopes, that might never come true unless we marry or something, which is something I do not want to do.

On the 'darker' side, if we get a Republican president, we are done.