View Single Post
05-21-2015, 10:24 AM
Joined in Aug 2011
5,680 posts
IamAman
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MoreYears View Post
@IamAman

Aged out of original DACA and still way up fighting for it tooth and nail. Respect.
I have all the love and respect for people who got DACA because I know the hell that awaited them without it. The problem is, many who got it have no idea how valuable that is and take it for granted. Over the years I had a few creature comforts that helped normalize my life a bit - having a valid SSN that I had while I was still 'documented' and an in state driver's license that made life tolerable but now days, life keeps getting tougher and tougher and it's all due to the actions of Republicans.

I wish I could vote but I can't. Still, I have some voice with friends and family and if I can help a couple of them get out and vote and vote with their heart after they see how much Republicans are hurting us, it can make a tiny difference. I just can't get how some people ON HERE can live in a fantasy land. If people like 2Face feel this way, I can only imagine how many out in the wild feel that way.
Mid-40's dreamer (yeah, time flies), aged out of original DACA and didn't have a chance to apply for extended DACA after Republicans killed it on the vine. Have family petition that is now officially current but with past skeletons, is risky to move forward with AOS. Life is on hold for now until laws and/or government becomes more friendly. Life kind of sucks at the moment but like Al Bundy and the mighty cockroach, I survive.
Post your reply or quote more messages.