View Single Post
01-03-2013, 02:44 PM
Joined in Oct 2012
35 posts
Dreamer12905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawi-ZX6R View Post
Yeah hopefully we are near. I will make some calls next week too. I might even call theDHS.
Okay. Update.

Finally, after making so many phone calls to get to the bottom of the problem. Here's what i did.

1. Applied for the SSN on Nov 26. - said it may take up to 4 weeks.
2. 4 weeks had passed and i called SSA Office again & followed up, said all we can both do is wait.
3. 5 weeks no letter/SSN still. So I called USCIS 18003755283 (ca? Idk), they told me im in a SAVE program list and i have to be taken off that list so that SSA can verify my status. They gave me a number to contact SAVE 18774692563
4. Talked to SAVE and they said that have my SSA office call them so they can go on with the process because my case is somewhat stuck.
5. So called SSA again, and told them so, at first he didnt want to do it, said that theyre waiting for a letter so they can go ahead and process my card. Then I said, youre waiting to hear from immigration, immigration is waiting to hear from you so this will really not go anywhere. Then he put me on hold for a bit.
6. Then ta-da!! He said for some reason he didnt have to call, all he had to do was click something from the computer then it went through. He'll send me a letter then the card will come in the mail within 3 WEEKS.

Idk whose to blame for all the delay, but yeah. Im just glad its moving now. Lol. I was actually nice enough not to ask for a print out just to save them from all the other stress. Ill wait. 3 Weeks? We'll see.
Post your reply or quote more messages.