View Single Post
05-11-2015, 07:14 PM
Editor
From Twilight Town
Joined in Mar 2006
1,472 posts
Abaddon
Thanks for sharing your current dilemma. You are right to point out to what extent are you willing to commit. You have to ask yourself, what does it mean to love someone else, unconditionally? Although I am an atheist, I believe that true love entails the following (from the book of Corinthians):

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

If I were to be in another relationship again (I just came out of a 6.5 year relationship with someone), I would hope my partner and I would commit to a loving relationship based on what love means to us. And not just love for ourselves, but love in general. I feel my family and I commit to loving one another respectfully and have been for each other despite our faults and differences. I would hope my future partner, if any, would believe similar ideals so we can live in peace and harmony with one another.

How do you see true love? What does it mean to you or him? I think you should ponder these questions. Best of luck!

The miracle of your mind isn't that you can see the world as it is--it's that you can see the world as it isn't.--Kathryn Schultz
Last edited by Abaddon; 05-11-2015 at 07:17 PM..
Post your reply or quote more messages.