Thread: Lets do this
View Single Post
12-31-2010, 01:27 AM
From central NJ
Joined in Aug 2006
18 posts
carl
In the DREAM Act 2013 thread, SuperGSPorty offers a logical, obvious plan to move forward. I agree that it should be pursued but I learned this year that logic alone is not enough. I propose an additional course of action in the same spirit as SuperGSPorty’s.
The focus should now be on Obama; not the US congress. My reasoning is that it is easier to work with one man than the entire congress. He has executive power to grant temporary protective status NOW! (see attached) What Obama doesn’t have is leadership or courage. He turned out to be a self-serving individual who not only lied to the Hispanic community in his campaign but proceeded to order Napolitano to hunt down immigrants for deportation (over 400,000 to date), many of whom are long term US residents with US citizen children. Accordingly, I believe the only way Obama will ever invoke executive action is he if perceives a growing movement among Hispanic US citizens and non-Hispanic US citizen DREAM supporters like myself, to urge everyone in these categories to vote AGAINST Obama in 2012. Or, if the republican candidate is so repulsive, just stay home. Please understand what I am saying. What we voters actually do in 2012 is irrelevant. What is important is what Obama PERCEIVES will happen in 2012. An old Jewish friend of mine told me once, “You sell the sizzle, not the steak”.
My boy and I are ramping up a campaign to this effect on facebook DREAM groups that are 80,000 strong but somewhat fragmented. I invite you to join us. My plan is to set up a database to collect pledges from eligible voters. I will provide a link to my website that presents the user with a form to fill out. The info can then be added to the database. I will send a hard copy of this growing list along with a detailed expression of disappointment and request for action. I will include a copy of the attached, which was written by two of the top immigration attorneys in the country and already presented to Obama. I will send this petition to the white house on a regular basis. What I will ask of you and every DREAM supporter is to solicit your family and friend eligible voters to add their name to the list. I will pass along more details as things develop. BTW, I am a software engineer who works full time and is just learning ASP.NET, the framework I plan to use for this project. So, I cannot give you a date on when I will have something ready. I’m sure some of you are ASP.NET experts so I may ask for your help on occasion.
Remember, Obama, like most politicians, only cares about one thing; being re-elected in 2012. That’s the motivation behind this. I hope Obama proves me wrong and invokes temporary protective status before I can get this movement off the ground. 2013 is too long to wait. Tomorrow is too long to wait. You all should have been granted US citizenship five years after you attended school here…not treated like criminals for a crime you never committed. Your patience and endurance is an inspiration for me to keep fighting. Let’s all have a hopeful new year!
Attached Files
File Type: doc ExecAction4DREAM.doc (34.0 KB, 9 views)
Post your reply or quote more messages.