Thread: DACA for Wall
View Single Post
12-26-2018, 05:42 PM
Joined in Jan 2007
661 posts
tays123
http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/12/2...-fighting-wall

Rep. Sean Duffy (R-Wis.) and his wife, Fox News contributor Rachel Campos-Duffy, implored President Trump Wednesday to "keep fighting" for his border wall as the partial government shutdown entered its fifth day.

Duffy suggested Trump deliver a national TV address from the Oval Office to let Americans know why the issue is so important. He said he would consider negotiating on DACA recipients in order to secure the $5 billion to build the wall.

"You never get 100 percent of what you want. If you're married and you get 35 percent, you're a winner," he joked, faulting Democrats for refusing to negotiate at all.

Campos-Duffy said in the days leading up to Christmas, she and her husband were stopped by numerous constituents in northern Wisconsin while shopping at Sam's Club.

"I would say every five steps Sean was stopped by a constituent saying 'keep fighting for the wall, keep doing this,'" she explained, recalling many people expressing the need for border security to stop drugs from coming into the country.

"It just seems like that Nancy [Pelosi] and the Democrats hate the wall more than they love doing something for the DACA recipients that they claim to have been fighting for all this time. ... I think there is a deal to be made -- border security and a resolution for the DACA kids. I think that's a deal all Americans could probably get behind," she said.

Reporting on "America's Newsroom," Rich Edson said Democrats and the White House remain a "few billion dollars" apart on an agreement.

Trump said Tuesday it would have been "wrong" for him to travel to Mar-a-Lago for the Christmas holiday while people are "hurting" due to the shutdown.

Pelosi said Trump's demands on the wall keep shifting, saying she "doesn't know where he is" when it comes to the construction of the wall.
Post your reply or quote more messages.