Thread: hey everybody
View Single Post
11-19-2006, 10:47 PM
Joined in Nov 2006
111 posts
brenda04
Im so happy that I found this site.Now I can talk to young people who are just like me and not feel so alone.All my life I felt like I lived a secret life,and if anyone finds out im illegal my life will be over.Im 18 years old and I live in brooklyn.My parents bought me here from Dominican republic when I was three.Now Im a freshaman at The city college of new york.I was lucky enough to be able to pay in-state tution,but Im scared of what will happen when I graduate.My degree will be worthless.I've been dating this guy that I love so much for over four years now and he does'nt even know im illegal.I feel like Im lying to him by not telling him but Im scared about what he will think about me.I also dont want him to think Im using him so that I can get a green card.As a matter of fact Im trying to avoid marrying him so that he wont think that.He's always asking me when im going to get a job,or my state ID and driving permit.He only wants the best for me and wants me to move forward with my life but I have to continue to make excuses because I cant tell him that Im illegal and cant get any of these things.Being in college is really expensive and I need a job.Does anybody know where a 18 year old immigrant like me can get a job?Any job.Being an immigrant is horrible!
Post your reply or quote more messages.