View Single Post
03-21-2015, 02:42 AM
Joined in Mar 2015
3 posts
ciaoxandra
I have been reading this thread and it makes me so happy and hopeful to see so many approvals. I can also see that there are still many that are in the same boat I am and it's comforting to know I am not alone.

My EAD expires this coming Wednesday March 25, 2015. My job has been very understanding. About a week ago they asked me to provided a new EAD. I forwarded the email that my name was updated on March 10, 2015. They are going to let me work until until March 25, 2015 and have even offered me overtime until that date. I really love my job and they really really want me to come back and work for them. I am praying and hoping that will be able to happen very soon after this stressful waiting period is over.

My renewal was received 94 days before expiration. I know that is outside the recommended time frame but I have taken all the suggestions from this thread to help it along. I am somewhat desperate at this point.

I wrote to my local congresswoman and submitted form DHS-7001 to the Ombudsman last night. I had previously called USCIS customer service and gotten some very rude agents. I called again today around 4:00 pm and explained that I was about to lose my job and thus my income to pay for housing and tuition. I asked if there was a way to have my case expedited and they told me that they do not expedite DACA cases. I asked to speak to a level 2 officer and was told they were done working for the day. She then gave me the option to have them call back. I gave her all my info and she said they would call me back on Monday or Tuesday. Luckily this time the agent was not rude but nothing could be done for me at the moment.

I wanted to know those that did get their case expedited, how did you go about getting that done? Is there anything in particular that you said that made it so your case could be expedited?

Expiration - March 25, 2015
Renewal received – December 22, 2014
Biometrics appointment – January 23, 2015
Name updated – March 10, 2015
Renewal approved - ??????????
Post your reply or quote more messages.