View Single Post
10-24-2016, 12:00 PM
Joined in Aug 2016
155 posts
jJMOON
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangoface View Post
Just had the rudest conversation with an immigration officer who proceeded to tell me that the cases are taking now at least 6 months to process and they will not submit any service requests before then.

I told her that online it's stated once your case has been pending for 105 days, you can submit a service request as long as you have cause (which is my work permit expired yesterday so I have no job). Apparently that wasn't enough cause for her and she proceeded to say the processing time has changed to 6 months so no service requests can be submitted until then. I asked has this been made public knowledge and she blatantly said no.

Also the receipt dates on my I-797C and her "system" are different so please be aware of what yours is. When I spoke to the customer service representative, she confirmed that what is on my receipt notice is the correct date and then transferred me over to this immigration officer to change it so it's corrected in the system. The immigration officer refused to change it and said she can't do anything and then hung up the phone on me...

I would advise submitting your application as soon as possible since clearly there is a major delay in processing times that we are not being informed about.

Did anyone else experience the same types of conversations?
I'm sorry you had a horrible experience. To me it sounds like you had a bad luck with ending up with a very unhelpful officer. If you feel up to it, I would try to call in again since you'll be getting a different officer and hopefully more helpful and cooperative one. Although it's different by case, it definitely should not take 6 months and you can submit an inquiry if over 105 days. I was told that you can submit an outside of processing time inquiry once you hit 105 days.

Don't feel discouraged by that woman!
Post your reply or quote more messages.