View Single Post
02-07-2011, 10:49 PM
Joined in Jan 2011
23 posts
Georgia1
Quote:
Originally Posted by enkso View Post
Congrats on doing what you wanted to do and achieving a legal way to be here, but I don't think your advice is very helpful to some of us. You said you were here for 6 years. If I knew of what of I could have done with my 6th year in the US, I would have probably done the same. There is one problem though many of us have been here for years. You might be right that im not American but Americanized, but going back to Mexico is not an option. I love my family here and wouldn't want to leave them here and also to mention the friends that i have had for pretty much most of my lifetime on earth.
Enkso, I understand your love for your family and friends, everyone needs such relationships. But you have to think in the long run. If politicians don't pass the Dream Act or any form of immigration reform that may legalize your status, you'll be confined to live without achieving your goals. You wont be able to take the full share of your rights. Your parents or people that took you into the United States thought of you having a sucessful life, with the opportunities they did not have in Mexico. They made the sacrifice of immigrating to another country and adapting into a new lifestyle because they wanted the best for their family, including yourself.

Now that the United States have turned its back on you, you may have to rethink the process of getting where you want to get professionally. What would happen if Congress passes the DA in many years? If you come to Mexico to study, at least you can have a college degree and you can work legally in your profession. You can get the experience needed to immigrate back into the US. Then your immigration process may be easier because you'd be a professional. What matters here is time. Nobody knows when the DA would pass. In the meantime, you can spend time in college. If you want an environment similar to an American university, you can enroll in a private university in Mexico.

Seeing you being successful would be the pride of your parents. I am sure they still want the best for you. Think about your future, in the same way they thought of your future many years ago. Do it for them, and do it for you.
Post your reply or quote more messages.