View Single Post
10-24-2019, 10:48 PM
Joined in Aug 2011
5,677 posts
IamAman
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaland45 View Post
her I-485 was denied and subsequently the I-140 was revoked. we spent years fighting appeals and we recently had her individual hearing with an immigration judge after receiving a NTA. I would also like to mention that prior to the master calendar hearing, i had prepared an filed an I-485 with the immigration court, based on the original I-485 application, in order for my mother to get a work permit. our immigration attorney just didnt want to work with us at that time and kept ignoring our calls/emails, so i did it myself.
You're leaving out a lot of key information here. Why did they deny the I-485 and revoke the I-140 and why did you file another one on your own if the original one that was filed with the lawyer was denied. What had changed? When you say the lawyer didn't want to work with you, was it because of a lack of money, or that they didn't think anything would be gained by filing it again?

Also am curious what you're basing your protection from aging out on - the original I-140 or the new one? Were you under 21 for both?

Anyway, this whole thing sounds like a giant mess so good luck to you. Changing lawyers isn't exactly easy because a new one would likely ask for a giant retainer to spend time going over everything again.
Mid-40's dreamer (yeah, time flies), aged out of original DACA and didn't have a chance to apply for extended DACA after Republicans killed it on the vine. Have family petition that is now officially current but with past skeletons, is risky to move forward with AOS. Life is on hold for now until laws and/or government becomes more friendly. Life kind of sucks at the moment but like Al Bundy and the mighty cockroach, I survive.
Post your reply or quote more messages.