View Single Post
07-15-2019, 04:00 PM
Joined in Aug 2011
5,680 posts
IamAman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red neck View Post
I started with BOFA using ITIN number
A lot of stuff used to be different before 2017. The first bank I went to in the 90's which was bought out by Chase eventually was so happy to see me. Even a student ID was enough to open an account. Things have changed.

Speaking of BoA, I went there to help a green card holder parent open up their account over 10 years ago and also be a signer. Even back then they wanted to see a green card from ME. I just gave a sheepish, "I left it at home, we'll come back later to add me".

I know they changed their policy a bit to be friendlier (ie. cash in) on immigrants but they also still ask citizenship questions.
Mid-40's dreamer (yeah, time flies), aged out of original DACA and didn't have a chance to apply for extended DACA after Republicans killed it on the vine. Have family petition that is now officially current but with past skeletons, is risky to move forward with AOS. Life is on hold for now until laws and/or government becomes more friendly. Life kind of sucks at the moment but like Al Bundy and the mighty cockroach, I survive.
Post your reply or quote more messages.