View Single Post
01-03-2014, 01:54 PM
Joined in Aug 2013
20 posts
Bahamadreamer
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBazooka View Post
I am not an attorney, or certified to give immigration advice in any way. My views are personal opinions and you accept responsibility for any and all actions you take, and should consult a certified immigration attorney before doing anything.

That being said, here is my opinion:

You have four kids I presume are U.S. citizens, and they are all young and dependent on you for economic support. In removal proceedings (which start once you receive an NTA), you can request a judge stay your order of deportation, provided you can prove unusually extreme or compelling circumstances that would result if you were deported. If a judge agrees to suspend your deportation order, you receive a green card.

As it stands, your only option is to "force" immigration to put you in removal proceedings, then argue in front of a judge that your children would be adversely harmed in an extreme and compelling manner if you were deported, with the hope that he/she agrees. This process in and of itself can take years, and needless to say, is very very risky- to trigger it, you would have to file for asylum. If the judge disagrees, you would be deported and your children would be put in foster care.

Alternatively, since your eldest is 15, he can sponsor you for a green card when he turns 21, assuming you came in on a valid visa. If you didn't come in on a visa, you are out of luck in terms of getting a green card through any means other then the one described above, even through marriage.

However, I would not do it. It is way too risky and reckless, and you shouldn't poke the government with a stick.

BUT it does mean that, for all practical purposes, you are a very difficult person to deport, since you can always file for a judge to stay your deportation order if you are ever in removal proceedings.

Hope that helps. Godbless.
I am too scared to do that!! Thank you for your input!!
Post your reply or quote more messages.